COVID-19 In Scottish Football

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Your argument relies on the idea that self-interest is not the same as common interest. Often, the two are exactly the same. In fact, for something to become a common interest with other clubs, it would first have to be self-interest.

Definition of self-interest: "one's personal interest or advantage, especially when pursued without regard for others."

There's no lack of regard for others in wanting fans back, but there is in preventing that possibility purely to gain a sporting advantage.

Me brushing my teeth this morning clearly benefited me, but no-one would call that "self-interest" unless they were a lunatic. There's a reason the term exists and that it has negative connotations.

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I would say it's pretty obvious. The break is extended to the government's proposed date of return. If by that date it's still a maximum of 500 fans then the games are played regardless. But you have to give matches every chance of being played in normal circumstances. 

You'd like to think so but that's not what the SPFL wants: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59748682

"The three options are to pause as planned after 3 January, start the break after the Boxing Day fixtures or begin the hiatus before Sunday's games.
The SPFL board are encouraging clubs not to vote for the third option due to the few dates available to play games."

It's hard to quite understand what their position is but it seems to be:  Postpone one round of games due to an embargo on spectators but play the other round of games despite an embargo on spectators.  That's the 'football's nothing without fans' argument kicked in the pie, then.

This thread is another example of SPFL incompetence. 

This has been a possible scenario since the beginning of the season, why there was not a protocol set up beggers belief.

As a result, some teams will get a 'sporting advantage' and some a 'sporting disadvantage' depending on the way the vote goes.

Farcical. 

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

They won't act because wee Jimmy stamps her size 3s but I hope their fixtures continue unmolested for as long as possible to show her up as the power mad boot we know she is.

Clucking hell

The teams (10 of them) are all for bring the break forward until they are told how much SKY want as compensation for SPFL not meeting their contract with them Think this will consecrate minds. 

Why do you think the EPL are going ahead with there games and Corona is rife within the playing staff 

12 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Definition of self-interest: "one's personal interest or advantage, especially when pursued without regard for others."

There's no lack of regard for others in wanting fans back, but there is in preventing that possibility purely to gain a sporting advantage.

Me brushing my teeth this morning clearly benefited me, but no-one would call that "self-interest" unless they were a lunatic. There's a reason the term exists and that it has negative connotations.

My friend, if you don’t think brushing your teeth is in your own self-interest then please keep your reeking breath away from me

3 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

The teams (10 of them) are all for bring the break forward until they are told how much SKY want as compensation for SPFL not meeting their contract with them Think this will consecrate minds. 

Why do you think the EPL are going ahead with there games and Corona is rife within the playing staff 

Who gives a f**k what the EPL do.. thanks

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

But here is the thing the roles aren’t reversed and they never seem to be reversed. That isn’t the reality of the situation you are facing so all of this shoe on the foot shite is just that….shite. 

You honestly want to see your team playing behind closed doors again? Of course you don’t. I thought you lot were all about the blood and thunder or was that the pre-2012 fan? 

I don’t have an issue with how Rangers will vote because if recent history tells us anything the vote will go in the opposite direction to Rangers. I’m just more curious as to why Rangers are always the club trying to paddle upstream 

I want whats best for rangers, at this point under new manager we have won every league game including hearts and hibs away (both in front of fans) conceded 1 league goal and bar noticable absentees we have a pretty settled consistent team and squad, on the other hand our main rivals are struggling with injuries, playing catch up to us and a team we havent lost to in over two years (last parkhead game with fans we won also) 

Difference between us two is that I'll not try and dress up my bias towards my own team as some pishy bluster about looking out for the fans, even worse is that within the same post you were ready to completely f**k over the fans when it suited your own team

Tell us this, why are you not willing to guarantee 500 fans into the ground on the 2nd of jan, and instead wait 3 weeks then if it gets worse or nothing changes, are happy to see no fans at all in the ground? 

26 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I could never envisage a situation where Celtic would prefer to play behind closed doors even if we had players going to AFCON solely based on the perceived impact it had on us nor would I want us to.

However we may have to and if we do then so be it but I’m for exploring any options that allows us back

"exploring any options that allows us back" yet earlier in the thread you were willing to play the OF game later in jan behind closed doors, but not in front of 500 fans on the 2nd of jan

Why is that? Surely if you want fans back you'd say you are happy to postpone the OF game till whenever ALL fans are back in, hell it can be post split given the OF ate guaranteed to be in the top 6

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Who gives a f**k what the EPL do.. thanks

Agreed …… just saying that the reason behind it is MONEY !!!

it one thing a game being cancelled because of covid ……… but if the league votes to cancel the games their then in breach of contract and SKY will want a rebate

5 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

it one thing a game being cancelled because of covid ……… but if the league votes to cancel the games their then in breach of contract and SKY will want a rebate

Sky will have zero say on what happens mate 

16 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Nah.  It'll be an unholy mess...

6 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

I said earlier that the decision will Ultimately be sky’s . Maybe they will be good decent honest folk and want a pittance for any rescheduling . But it’s sky and they won’t 

34 minutes ago, AJF said:

In that regard, I don't believe you truly believe Celtic would vote a different way if they found themselves in the EXACT situation Rangers are in.

You can only vote in what you can control and what you know,the If but and maybes don't even register M8.
Most of the reasons you have posted are in the if buts and maybes category.