COVID-19 In Scottish Football

29 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I hope the SPFL take some sort of legal action against the SG, they’re coming out and telling people not to attend games and not offering financial support to the clubs

Yeah, they've normally been a lot better than that, but this is straight from the UK Gov handbook - don't stop something fully because you'd then be liable for losses/support.

Everyone knows England will eventually do what Scotland and Wales have done, but if they make it 'guidance' till the 26th it'll cost less.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Yeah, they've normally been a lot better than that, but this is straight from the UK Gov handbook - don't stop something fully because you'd then be liable for losses/support.

Everyone knows England will eventually do what Scotland and Wales have done, but if they make it 'guidance' till the 26th it'll cost less.

They won't act because wee Jimmy stamps her size 3s but I hope their fixtures continue unmolested for as long as possible to show her up as the power mad boot we know she is.

Again clubs are going about it the wrong way if there argument is solely based on crowds as an early winter break does not guarantee crowds after we return and it being all rainbows and sunshine

what the clubs need is the SPFL to show some initiative and question the government to provide what they think the next few months are going to look like in regards to crowd sizes and also demand funding required to deal with restricted crowds 

If the government say that the restrictions aren’t likely to change after 3 weeks then moving the winter break is completely pointless exercise which will only lead to petty squabbling  and infighting amongst the clubs like last time 

Edited by Forever_blueco

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

That's where I'm at with it all. Whatever decision is made I'm not going to say it is the right or wrong one. If it goes to a vote, the majority will rule and there can be no complaints.

I didn't realise that a simple majority would do: in that case, it looks like the winter break is being brought forward.

Why do Rangers not want the winter break brought forward? Like surely every club would prefer that if no fans are allowed in during it but can return after?

9 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I didn't realise that a simple majority would do: in that case, it looks like the winter break is being brought forward.

It may not be a simple majority actually, but if it was anything like the last vote I think it was 10/12 to carry it so I imagine there will be enough support for it. Although I note that the SPFL are asking clubs to vote on 3 different options:

1. Do not bring the break forward
  2. Play the Boxing day fixtures and then break
  3. Break immediately (but the SPFL are encouraging clubs not to vote for this option due to the limited fixture availability)

So I'm not sure what the threshold for votes will be given there are now 3 options.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why do Rangers not want the winter break brought forward? Like surely every club would prefer that if no fans are allowed in during it but can return after?

Where is the guarantee fans are returning after it though ? 

Edited by Forever_blueco

20 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Again clubs are going about it the wrong way if there argument is solely based on crowds as an early winter break does not guarantee crowds after we return and it being all rainbows and sunshine

what the clubs need is the SPFL to show some initiative and question the government to provide what they think the next few months are going to look like in regards to crowd sizes and also demand funding required to deal with restricted crowds 

If the government say that the restrictions aren’t likely to change after 3 weeks then moving the winter break is completely pointless exercise which will only lead to petty squabbling  and infighting amongst the clubs like last time 

There's no guarantee that fans will be allowed in in 3 weeks, but there is a guarantee that they won't be in the current schedule.

If moving the break is feasible it would give more time for your proposed lobbying of the government while allowing the possibility of restrictions being lifted in the meantime.

Let's be honest, the reason Rangers and their fans are against this is because they're too shitebag to play Celtic with fans and with Jota. 

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

Where is the guarantee fans are retiring after it though ? 

There isn't one, but at the moment that's the outcome that's in place.

I just want a genuine answer about why Rangers would rather play without fans than wait for fans expected return? It just makes no sense to me, and so far every Rangers fan asked, elsewhere, has either responded with some weird conspiracy involving Celtic, or get all defensive and start asking questions instead of giving any form of answer.

I’d be surprised if fans were allowed in again this season. I’m going tonight fully expecting it to be my last game for about 8 months.
By the time the ‘winter crisis’ is over we will be well into March.
They will then go for the, ‘let’s just hold off till the summer just incase’ route. Again.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I just want a genuine answer about why Rangers would rather play without fans than wait for fans expected return? It just makes no sense to me, and so far every Rangers fan asked, elsewhere, has either responded with some weird conspiracy involving Celtic, or get all defensive and start asking questions instead of giving any form of answer.

I wouldn’t rather play without fans . I would rather be at games .  I just don’t understand where all this moving the winter break is the answer to our problems is coming from . We are not going to see sizeable crowds in our stadiums for quite some time in my opinion 

if anything it will more likely add to it come January when teams are having outbreaks left right and centre under the current track and trace rules which are only going to get worse as restrictions tighten along with winter postponements 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Rangers don’t want the break brought forward because it’s a competitive advantage for us to play Celtic without fans at Parkhead, and Aberdeen without fans at Pittodrie. You’d have to be stupid not to see that.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’ve gave a few reasons why they’d consider voting against it on this very thread. No conspiracy theories included or getting defensive.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Rangers don’t want the break brought forward because it’s a competitive advantage for us to play Celtic without fans at Parkhead, and Aberdeen without fans at Pittodrie. You’d have to be stupid not to see that.

Add in the fact that we will lose up to 3 players in January to the AFCON. 2 of which have been our best two performers recently.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Any club not wanting to bring the winter break forward should be forced to publicly give their reasons. We’re all getting shat upon by f*ck*ng Rangers yet again.

Slow clap for that bald c'nt Stewart Milne. We are being shat on because of that moron. 

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Add in the fact that we will lose up to 3 players in January to the AFCON. 2 of which have been our best two performers recently.

Yup. We’ll vote for our own self-interest, same as every other club will.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’d imagine the fact they lose 3 players to the AFCON will impact their decision although I think that will likely get moved also.