COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Games get postponed all the time for a variety of reasons and I doubt Sky have to be compensated when they do, as long as the SPFL meets its obligations to provide 48 games.

In terms of the SPFL board recommending that the Boxing Day games go ahead, that is because postponing any more than 2 matches will lead to the potential of there being the possibility of Rangers or Celtic running out of dates before the split if they progress in Europe and the Scottish Cup. However, as with the League 1 and 2 teams last season, if they vote against the board's recommendation then they'll proceed with the clubs' wishes.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Games get postponed all the time for a variety of reasons and I doubt Sky have to be compensated when they do, as long as the SPFL meets its obligations to provide 48 games.

In terms of the SPFL board recommending that the Boxing Day games go ahead, that is because postponing any more than 2 matches will lead to the potential of there being the possibility of Rangers or Celtic running out of dates before the split if they progress in Europe and the Scottish Cup. However, as with the League 1 and 2 teams last season, if they vote against the board's recommendation then they'll proceed with the clubs' wishes.

I could definitely see a scenario where Sky require some kind of compensation for shifting games from Christmas/New Years to a random midweek in February. Weather related postponements, can’t be helped. But I don’t think a broadcast partner would accept a situation where the league can move games that Sky have picked when the game is able to be played on that day without getting something in return.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

I could definitely see a scenario where Sky require some kind of compensation for shifting games from Christmas/New Years to a random midweek in February. Weather related postponements, can’t be helped. But I don’t think a broadcast partner would accept a situation where the league can move games that Sky have picked when the game is able to be played on that day without getting something in return.

At last someone who gets it

4 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I came here for the politics, but I stayed for the chickens.

Our demotion was a pisser last time around. I feel as though it’s spurred us on though. Not going to lie, I’d love to see one of the clubs who were quite vocal about it last time around suffering a similar fate, though. Would be pretty amusing in a schadenfreude sort of way. 😄

Anyway, back on topic. 🐓

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

53 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

"exploring any options that allows us back" yet earlier in the thread you were willing to play the OF game later in jan behind closed doors, but not in front of 500 fans on the 2nd of jan

Why is that? Surely if you want fans back you'd say you are happy to postpone the OF game till whenever ALL fans are back in, hell it can be post split given the OF ate guaranteed to be in the top 6

I haven’t said I wasn’t willing, I’ve told you what my preference is and that is to not play games if crowds are to be restricted and hope that post winter break we can explore options to play at full capacity it’s not a difficult viewpoint to understand.

But what I want doesn’t really matter though because me like you will have to go with what the clubs decide and accept it, you seem to think I have a choice or that any of us do