COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Just now, kingjoey said:

Your demotion was caused by the same criteria as the demotion of Hamilton last season. You were bottom of the league when it finished. Another word for it is relegation.

Yes, I’m aware of how it came about. 👍

14 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm wondering when Stewart Milne's going to get the blame for the outcome here.

Too slow, mate.  Wiggy was named and shamed hours ago:

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Slow clap for that bald c'nt Stewart Milne. We are being shat on because of that moron. 

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Your demotion was caused by the same criteria as the demotion of Hamilton last season. You were bottom of the league when it finished. Another word for it is relegation.

I was well pissed off at the time, but the whole episode galvanised the fans even more, increasing monthly pledges to Foundation of Hearts and new record numbers of pledgers. Not to mention the money pumped in by our rich benefactors, and once the fans were allowed back in, incredibly impressive home gates. 

Everything looking very positive for Hearts these days.  😎

So the BBC mention 10 clubs are in favour of moving the winter break forward, obv our special friends in Govan are one, based on the post in the previous page, Aberdeen is the other? Didn't they come out and say they were going to lose 500k, who do you square that circle? Or have I missed something.

On record, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Celtic, Hibs have came out in favour from what I've seen reported.

There are two crucial differences between our situation and the EPL’s

Firstly unlike the EPL Scottish football gets far less money from tv than it gets from tickets

Secondly Scottish football isn’t fundamental to SKY’s business in the same way as the EPL is

That’s not to say there will definitely be a deal just that the prospects are a lot better than they would be in the English top flight

Of course the appeal of giving up some TV revenue in return for the prospect of preserving ticket revenue will depend on how much TV money and how much live revenue

For middleweight clubs like Hearts or Aberdeen it would arguably make sense to throw out the entire seasons TV deal in return for a couple of big home gates. Smaller clubs like St Johnstone are proportionately more reliant on the TV deal so may reconsider their position if Sky are demanding a substantial discount.

The outlier is Rangers the TV revenue is a minuscule slither of their revenue and they’ll be missing out on 50,000 paying customers when they’re behind closed doors

they’ve been telling everyone how shit this TV deal is for ages.

With English games begin closed doors the entire EPL fixture list would be available to broadcasters which would mean a glut of prime football in the coming weeks. It might actually suit Sky to hold up the SPL till after that rush is over

6 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

So the BBC mention 10 clubs are in favour of moving the winter break forward, obv our special friends in Govan are one, based on the post in the previous page, Aberdeen is the other? Didn't they come out and say they were going to lose 500k, who do you square that circle? Or have I missed something.

On record, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Celtic, Hibs have came out in favour from what I've seen reported.

Ross County are the other club supposedly.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

My friend, if you don’t think brushing your teeth is in your own self-interest then please keep your reeking breath away from me

Factual statement: "I do it because it's in my own interest."

Weird statement: "I do it out of self-interest."

Word salad: "I do it because it's in my own self-interest."

HTH.

23 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I was well pissed off at the time, but the whole episode galvanised the fans even more, increasing monthly pledges to Foundation of Hearts and new record numbers of pledgers. Not to mention the money pumped in by our rich benefactors, and once the fans were allowed back in, incredibly impressive home gates. 

Everything looking very positive for Hearts these days.  😎

Indeed. This is where I’m at too. Pissed off at the time, but the reaction has put us in a very strong position. Nice to be able to look down from a position of strength, that we probably wouldn’t be in now, had we not needed to galvanise.

Indeed. This is where I’m at too. Pissed off at the time, but the reaction has put us in a very strong position. Nice to be able to look down from a position of strength, that we probably wouldn’t be in now, had we not needed to galvanise.

“That which does not kill us only makes us stronger” Friedrich Nietzsche, German cultural critic, philosopher and treasurer of Leipzig uni hearts

13 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Lower leagues playing on

If you recall when you were in the third and forth tiers, not that long ago so the memory can't be too bad, not many teams down there will command an attendance over 500 so not really an issue for them. Is it fair to cite that?

3 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

If you recall when you were in the third and forth tiers, not that long ago so the memory can't be too bad, not many teams down there will command an attendance over 500 so not really an issue for them. Is it fair to cite that?

I don’t think I said they would 

just said they are playing on 

but charge on 

Edited by Forever_blueco

42 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Hearts have tweeted they are also in favour of it.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

“That which does not kill us only makes us stronger” Friedrich Nietzsche, German cultural critic, philosopher and treasurer of Leipzig uni hearts

Thought it was Kanye West?

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I haven’t said I wasn’t willing, I’ve told you what my preference is and that is to not play games if crowds are to be restricted and hope that post winter break we can explore options to play at full capacity it’s not a difficult viewpoint to understand.

But what I want doesn’t really matter though because me like you will have to go with what the clubs decide and accept it, you seem to think I have a choice or that any of us do

Thats not really what you said, 

"If it becomes inevitable that full crowds won’t be viable after the winter break then we just get on with it, get the games rescheduled for as soon as they can and we get it done crowd or not" 

Basically you dont want the games now because it doesn't suit you, but want the games immediately after the winter break when, shock horror, it suits you fans or no fans

If you truly wish to play games at full capacity, ie the OF game, then would you agree that postponing it till say the post split schedule (likely free space given less euro commitments by then no doubt) is a better option, seeing as uou were all for the fans getting back in? 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/12/22/dundee-rangers-h-ticket-update/

14 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Yeah the heat Milne was getting on the previous page didn't seem to tie in with the 500k statement. As pointed out it appears to be Ross County, BCD attendance can't be much different to standard.

I hope this isn't another 11 votes to carry nonsense.

17 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Thats not really what you said, 

"If it becomes inevitable that full crowds won’t be viable after the winter break then we just get on with it, get the games rescheduled for as soon as they can and we get it done crowd or not" 

Basically you dont want the games now because it doesn't suit you, but want the games immediately after the winter break when, shock horror, it suits you fans or no fans

If you truly wish to play games at full capacity, ie the OF game, then would you agree that postponing it till say the post split schedule (likely free space given less euro commitments by then no doubt) is a better option, seeing as uou were all for the fans getting back in? 

Have I said immediately after the winter break? I’ve said rescheduled for as soon as they can after the break if crowds aren’t viable and considering the run of fixtures we already have in schedule it leaves the only gap being Feb 12th which is a Scottish cup weekend I think or it’s into April or beyond

Stop trying to read between the lines and actually read what I’ve written 

Edited by Jinky67