COVID-19 In Scottish Football

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

In what possible realm is that "sectarian abuse"?

You'll have to point out to me where I said it was, m8.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

You've changed your tune, at the time you said that it was pathetic how celtic fans reacted to his name. 

Calling something pathetic means its sectarian does it? In that case my attempt to lose a few pounds this year has been absolutely sectarian. 

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Quite. Jim Goodwin is an Irishman who attracted the ire of opposition fans because of his antagonistic playing style. 

Weirdly, that was never sectarian.

Ah but I disliked Jim Goodwin as a player but have built up a grudging respect for him as a manager. Surely I'm being sectarian against job types/grades?

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll have to point out to me where I said it was, m8.

You replied to 'theoriginaledge's post with the following:

17 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I find it strange that you pick out harsh treatment at the places you mention but no mention of the atmosphere of an old firm match where the sectarian abuse is continual and much more intense. 

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mind that time Billy King was booed at Celtic Park after being subbed while playing for Hearts?

Wonder why that was?

Quite. Jim Goodwin is an Irishman who attracted the ire of opposition fans because of his antagonistic playing style. 

"robust" is the politically correct term, I believe.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Festered,of course, by supporters of two clubs that thrive on bigotry....

I think "Fostered" is the word you're looking for, but I nearly prefer that.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

We’ve not went bust yet, broke into our own stadium or had an ex player go all Bomber Brown outside trying to rally the troops.

I’ll freely admit what is going on just now is embarrassing but there are levels and we haven’t quite reached Sevco level ....... yet, there is still time this season however 😂

"Whit aboot thame" type post.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

As others have said, the loans are designed to allow clubs to carry on as they normally would (or as close to normal as possible). Transferring players is a major part of a club's business. It's no different to a manufacturing company using the government loans to purchase stock or machinery to manufacture their products.

Paging @welldaft back to the thread to insist that any new signing be ineligible for the rearranged fixture.

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not sure of the ages of posters on here but going back quite a few years bigotry was a big issue at all grounds when either of the old firm played and quite often others. Those categorically absolving their club couldn't have been around then.I

Things have improved since then and I certainly believe @Drew Breesaccount.

It went with the territory when "entertaining" Celtic or Rangers, but I'm struggling to recall it happening when anyone else came calling to Pittodrie, tbqh.

ETA: Talking early 60s to early 70s.

Edited by Jacksgranda

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You replied to 'theoriginaledge's post with the following:

Right, so we've confirmed I didn't claim their booing of Billy King was sectarian, thanks.

Exactly, as far as us opposition fans were concerned, he was a complete p***k, and we were damn sure he was going to made well aware!

It is the same for Scott Brown and for us Paul McGowan. 

I boo'ed Neil Lennon on his Celtic debut because he was ginger and had dyed his hair bleach blonde and looked like a twat, he then crunched one of our players near the home support and motioned towards them for calling for the foul.

Lennon is and always has been an absolute c**t. Some of the abuse he's had throughout his career has probably been motivated because of sectarianism, but a substantial amount is also because he's just a c**t.

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Calling something pathetic means its sectarian does it? In that case my attempt to lose a few pounds this year has been absolutely sectarian. 

You'd have to ask the poster who originally made the comments Hugh.

Anything interesting on the phone in tonight?

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I boo'ed Neil Lennon on his Celtic debut because he was ginger and had dyed his hair bleach blonde and looked like a twat, he then crunched one of our players near the home support and motioned towards them for calling for the foul.

Looking at the replies to Saints facebook following yesterdays statement a lot of the replies include the word "twat" . Thankfully there is no sectarian comments or if there were any they have been removed but there must be something about him that winds people up.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

It went with the territory when "entertaining" Celtic or Rangers, but I'm struggling to recall it happening when anyone else came calling to Pittodrie, tbqh.

ETA: Talking early 60s to early 70s.

It was clearly much more prevalent down here, across West and central type areas. I qualified the age part because it is probable that supporters in these areas won't have heard Orange songs and an influx of "new" supporters etc at their ground when Celtic visited. But it did happen.

The behaviour of the visiting Celtic supports at that time was 10 times worse than now as well to be fair.

The animosity between local teams and Rangers existed as well but it was generally for different reasons, in my experience gang and scheme rivalry.

17 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Looking at the replies to Saints facebook following yesterdays statement a lot of the replies include the word "twat" . Thankfully there is no sectarian comments or if there were any they have been removed but there must be something about him that winds people up

He’s ginger ✅ 

On 19/01/2021 at 13:24, G51 said:

Jeanette Findlay off the top rope!

She is a moron.

18 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

I read this thread the other day and thought that you were coming across pretty well at times. You completely fucked it in the last 18 hours.

18 hours ago, gannonball said:

A while ago admittedly but was it not under Butcher one of Motherwells players got abused by their own fans? Fagan I think the guys name was. Must admit now Motherwell fans  are nothing like some of them used to be, quite jealous how their community style club is run tbh.

While it would take a fool to deny that anyone has ever suffered sectarian abuse in the last 20 years at FP.
I don't remember this that you speak of. Fagan was just an utterly shite footballer.