COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Of course it is. Nobody knows whatโ€™s in the broadcast contract.

Bet you a ยฃ to a pale o shite that Sky charge more for advertising on a Bank Holiday than they do for a midweek night in Februaryย 

Donโ€™t need to be a rocket scientist to work out that they ainโ€™t going to be happy if the league cancel these games

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

True...but do really think Sky are going to go against 10 out of 12 clubs to re schedule games during a pandemic? Not very good PR even for that shower.ย 

Do I trust Sky to prioritise their bottom line over the wishes of SPFL clubs? Yes. Yes I do.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Of course it is. Nobody knows whatโ€™s in the broadcast contract.

Wouldnโ€™t think they would look for compensation, Sky as a business tend to back off when it comes to anything related to Covid.ย 

ย 

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

True...but do really think Sky are going to go against 10 out of 12 clubs to re schedule games during a pandemic? Not very good PR even for that shower.ย 

SKYs a business they couldnโ€™t give 2 fecks about how it looks PR wise up hereย 

All they want is the Old Firm game to go ahead on the date that was agreedย 

Edited by Lobby Dossar

4 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

SKYs a business they couldnโ€™t give 2 fecks about how it looks PR wise up hereย 

The clubs will vote on it and sky will do absolutely f**k all about it.. deal with it

8 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Bet you a ยฃ to a pale o shite that Sky charge more for advertising on a Bank Holiday than they do for a midweek night in Februaryย 

Donโ€™t need to be a rocket scientist to work out that they ainโ€™t going to be happy if the league cancel these games

If the figures are true and Clubs rely on fans over 40% of income it's time to priorities who is more important.ย 

This is very obviously not the case given the many concessions they've made over the last 2 years in terms of the lost games from 2019/20, allowing clubs to sell virtual season tickets (including allowing them to broadcast live Sky games via these) and allowing PPV. That's ample evidence of them being a sympathetic and collaborative broadcast partner.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yeah maybe. Who knows?ย 

As someone with intimate knowledge of how Sky has operated through Covid (not broadcasting contracts however) they have been pretty consistent across all of their directorates and I would be very surprised if they tried to squeeze clubs or leagues for compensation. It would be completely different to how they have acted so far.

Dont get me wrong they will be massively nervous especially if down south start to shut down football due to the impact on overall revenue, customer churn and customer sentiment but there will be strategies to try mitigate against that.

ย 

5 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I came here for the politics, but I stayed for the chickens.

Our demotion was a pisser last time around. I feel as though itโ€™s spurred us on though. Not going to lie, Iโ€™d love to see one of the clubs who were quite vocal about it last time around suffering a similar fate, though. Would be pretty amusing in a schadenfreude sort of way. ๐Ÿ˜„

Anyway, back on topic. ๐Ÿ“

Your demotion was caused by the same criteria as the demotion of Hamilton last season. You were bottom of the league when it finished. Another word for it is relegation.