EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes but surely cheating is never ok ?? I mean the 2 you mentioned who regularly cheat not Tierney btw.

It’s not but the game down there has gone down the “any contact is a pen” route, so this is what happens.

I’d prefer that it wasn’t a pen but it’s the crying about it in this case, against the “clever play” and the “earned the pen” you get if it’s Kane, Salah, Fernandez etc. 

Just now, Jambomo said:

It’s not but the game down there has gone down the “any contact is a pen” route, so this is what happens.

Referees are partly to blame for this as well, when you HAVE to go down to even get a referee to think. Even if a foul blatantly takes the advantage from you, if you don't go down, the refs will shitebag their way through it.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

Referees are partly to blame for this as well, when you HAVE to go down to even get a referee to think. Even if a foul blatantly takes the advantage from you, if you don't go down, the refs will shitebag their way through it.

Maybe but I was thinking about that before. If you need to go down to make it look worse than it is, was it really a bad enough foul to stop you in the first place?  I don’t mean it’s always the case but it’s just another form of cheating really.

Just now, Jambomo said:

Maybe but I was thinking about that before. If you need to go down to make it look worse than it is, was it really a bad enough foul to stop you in the first place?

It doesn't have to stop you. Doesn't take much to take away an advantage and I've seen plenty of examples of it.

Referees have always been shitebags when it comes to this sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Far from a cert but they've got a chance.    As I always say win your remaining games and see where it takes you.  

Would 87 points be enough?  

I'd say that they will definitely be in with a shout of winning the league if they can get 87 points and no other team gets that many. 

9 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I’d prefer that it wasn’t a pen but it’s the crying about it in this case, against the “clever play” and the “earned the pen” you get if it’s Kane, Salah, Fernandez etc. 

Exactly. If one of these guys had done it the studio pundits would be praising the clever play. 

Lampard is another manager in this league who has escaped a lot of criticism despite not actually achieving anything. 
£220m spent in the summer as well... 
Media criticism tends to come once the grumbles from the fans start.

Chelsea fans faith in "Lamps" is at the same idiotic level as Celtic and "Lennon"

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I did enjoy the contribution of Fernandes.  Very unlikable player. 

Don’t know much about his personality but he seems determined to succeed at Man United. I think he’s an excellent player, he’s involved in the vast majority of Man U’s goals. He’s had a pop at a few of his team mates for celebrating getting a draw. If there isn’t an upturn in Man Uniteds fortunes resulting in silverware within the next couple of years I’m pretty certain he will be away, and he would have his pick of any team in Europe. 

8 hours ago, raith_94 said:

Martin Tyler should be thrown off the gantry for that. Bumbling bawbag.

As much as Martin Tyler is a havering buffoon, Steve McManaman claimed on BT earlier that Pep Guardiola was rotating his squad against Newcastle because of the upcoming Champions League games...which start in February.