EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just me who only saw Pogba clip his own heel there? I honestly couldn't see a foul.

There was also contact but no way was it a foul. VAR gives the foul when there is any contact it's just how it is now.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just me who only saw Pogba clip his own heel there? I honestly couldn't see a foul.

There was contact defender's calf/shin area to Pogba's instep as he passed the defender, fractionally before that foot connected with his standing leg. I don't think that should be a penalty, but laws of the modern game, entitled to go down, there was contact, blah, bkah...

That was not a VAR penalty decision. The ref gave the penalty, which meant VAR could only really overturn it if it was an obvious mistake - the fact that there was contact from the defender on Pogba makes that difficult to justify.

I think if the ref hadn't given the penalty initially then VAR probably would have stuck with his decision too.

Edited by craigkillie

That was not a VAR penalty decision. The ref gave the penalty, which meant VAR could only really overturn it if it was an obvious mistake - the fact that there was contact from the defender on Pogba makes that difficult to justify.
I think if the ref hadn't given the penalty initially then VAR probably would have stuck with his decision too.

This.
I thought that was a really good watch. Grealish is a real talent.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's contact from Pogba on the defender, not the other way around.