EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Just now, jagfox BLM said:

Lovely finish from Son!

He deserved that, I know people bang on about Kane but I think that Son is such an underrated player. The earlier offside decision against him was farcical.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Well yes but because he has a large freckle above his elbow? Decisions like that are an absolute joke.

They aren’t.  

People bitched about clarity in the handball law so the sleeve thing was introduced.  Once you say the sleeve is not handball it is therefore part of the body you can score with so is in the frame for offside.

Just now, Left Back said:

They aren’t.  

People bitched about clarity in the handball law so the sleeve thing was introduced.  Once you say the sleeve is not handball it is therefore part of the body you can score with so is in the frame for offside.

I agree with you, it is the law that is wrong.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Why are football clubs special?  Should Phillip Green be allowed to do this, run businesses into ruin and cost tens of thousands of people their jobs as long as it’s not allowed at ManU who employ a fraction of that number of people?  

It will never be outlawed.

I literally said that ideally it should be banned completely, and the fact that you are happy for the practice to continue and unwilling to countenance it ever changing doesn't make my view any less genuine.

However, football clubs are "special" in that even if something is not illegal by the law of the land it can still be prevented by the sporting authorities. The English FA have fit and proper person tests and other regulatory requirements that are used to ensure that the ownership of community assets does not fall into the wrong hands. These are currently not fit for purpose, but could easily be beefed up. I believe this is an entirely achievable goal for football supporters if they are able to maintain the activism which the ESL threat sparked into life.

Fuckin load of shite. If anyone wants to affect real change boycott home games and don't buy strips. If their stadiums were 30% full next season the owners would be gone in a shot. Everything else is wind and pish, and I've not heard a single person suggest it.

This wouldn’t even have that much of an impact. Man United are a global brand and sell millions of shirts across the world. They have a massive gloryhunting following, so diehards choosing not to go will simply have their seats taken by someone else. Even then, I’m sure Man United are one of the 10 or so Premier League clubs that would still be turning profit by playing in empty stadiums every home game.

I’m all for the protest and don’t get the outrage from some posters here. I don’t think the people who trespassed should escape punishment but I’m equally not arsed if they do.

I’m not shedding any tears for them either. These are the same guys who would tell you ‘my nan could score in the SPL’ or ‘your club plays in a pub league.’ At least my club isn’t almost £500 million in debt and run by foreigners who don’t care.

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This wouldn’t even have that much of an impact. Man United are a global brand and sell millions of shirts across the world. They have a massive gloryhunting following, so diehards choosing not to go will simply have their seats taken by someone else. Even then, I’m sure Man United are one of the 10 or so Premier League clubs that would still be turning profit by playing in empty stadiums every home game.

I’m all for the protest and don’t get the outrage from some posters here. I don’t think the people who trespassed should escape punishment but I’m equally not arsed if they do.

I’m not shedding any tears for them either. These are the same guys who would tell you ‘my nan could score in the SPL’ or ‘your club plays in a pub league.’ At least my club isn’t almost £500 million in debt and run by foreigners who don’t care.

Not yet...

21 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

BBC reporting that two cops were assualted at Old Trafford, one was slashed with a broken bottle.

Suspect that might be the other incident that the panel on Sky suggested might be the cause of the cancellation

Seen the footage.  Being a Hibs fan I am all for a pitch invasion but that guy will be scarred for life.  Over what?  Really.  What?  What will happen because of this?  Nothing.

In a sense I feel for Man U fans.  But in a greater degree I find the trouble that whole league has brought upon itself very fitting.  In my travels in Europe over the years I have talked football in just about every country I have been in.  I've never seen German, Italian or Spanish fans mock our grannies pub team & farmers league.  People in Germany don't talk shit about the Austrian leagues, nor Spanish to the Portuguese.  I doubt people in the Italian P&B, thats pasta & Bohlgeri btw, talk shit about Switzerland or San Marino.

So f**k them.  f**k every team in England that enabled this shite.  Just about every team in Scotland could buy out it's owner if they needed to.  Hib's could get rid of Ron Gordon, Hearts Ann Budge, Aberdeen Cosgrove etc.  

They sowed.  Fucking reap it!