EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

Once again, I need to point out I didn't bring up sexism because I don't see it as relevant in this case.

Pile ons like this don't only happen to females, despite what idiots on Twitter might be saying about it.

You didn’t say it in as many words but you implied the pile up would be inevitable and that Leeds should know better so was this because the comment was from a female pundit or should pundits never be pulled up for their comments in case there is a pile up for the club they have criticised?

This was the tweet that I had seen first that Rio Ferdinand had agreed with.:

To me the “hard working” comment is all about her being a woman and having extra pressures to deal with in her line of work and that she shouldn’t be criticised for her comments. The accusation that the tweet was aimed to embarrass her is embarrassing in itself as well.

I didn't imply anything. I said what I thought. If I thought there was a sexism angle here, I'd have said so with no doubt to be given. But I didn't.

You not getting this is your problem. Not mines.

And clubs SHOULD know better. Which is why the vast majority of them don't pull this shit. Because they actually DO. Again, you not getting this is your problem. Not mines.

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They're coming across as pretty thin-skinned, crying their eyes out every time someone says anything that is less than adulatory.

I have some sympathy with that comment,  maybe it's a generational thing but I just don't see the need for the club to get involved in a public twitter row.  I'm not on twitter myself but have seen a few posts from the club which I think shouldn't have been made.  I'd suggest that who ever is in charge of the social media account needs taking to task but I'm aware others would view me as a digital dinosaur.

Leeds have long been on the receiving end when it comes to negative comments, some warranted, some unwarranted,  if anybody involved with the club isn't able to tolerate the inevitable slings and arrows that will be incoming then Leeds isn't the club for them

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:
9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Before lockdown kicked in, Leeds were on a run of 5 wins on the bounce heading into the final 9 games of the season. They won the league by 10 points and were automatically promoted by 12.
To say that they wouldn't have achieved this without the lockdown break is just lazy journalism based on previous assertions that Bielsa's teams tire out. They simply didn't look like doing so before lockdown. 

They'd won five out of six by that stage the season before though, so it's not much of an indication that they wouldn't collapse.

We're kind of going down the if "my Aunt had b*lls she'd be my Uncle" route here.

If your logic prevails there wouldn't be much point in playing future seasons games, we should just accept what ever happened in the previous season will happen again the following season.

LUFC's form was great pre lockdown & great post lockdown.

Not sure if you watched the games on the run into the lockdown but they weren't showing signs of flagging / fatigue, on the contrary I felt they were on fire imo (played, 5, won 5, conceded 0). For me the games couldn't come fast enough & I'd say the pretty universally feeling was let's crack on while the going is good amongst the Leeds fans I know.

Leeds, possibly more than any other club, rely on a high intensity style that is difficult to maintain throughout the season.

Leeds, possibly more than any other club, have a recent history of shitting the bed in the final part of the season. Indeed they did so in the last season that wasn't interrupted due to Covid.

They would probably have gone up, but it is hardly beyond the realms of possibility that they would have tired. Leeds have come across as massively thin skinned and childish in highlighting her comments.

There is every possibility that Villa would have been relegated had it not been for the enforced break. If a journalist said so and our official social media channels felt the need to reply with some variant of "LOL WE ARE FIFTH IN THE LEAGUE HOW DARE YOU SAY NASTY THINGS ABOUT US", I would be cringing like f**k.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Leeds, possibly more than any other club, rely on a high intensity style that is difficult to maintain throughout the season.

Leeds, possibly more than any other club, have a recent history of shitting the bed in the final part of the season. Indeed they did so in the last season that wasn't interrupted due to Covid.

They would probably have gone up, but it is hardly beyond the realms of possibility that they would have tired. Leeds have come across as massively thin skinned and childish in highlighting her comments.

There is every possibility that Villa would have been relegated had it not been for the enforced break. If a journalist said so and our official social media channels felt the need to reply with some variant of "LOL WE ARE FIFTH IN THE LEAGUE HOW DARE YOU SAY NASTY THINGS ABOUT US", I would be cringing like f**k.

To be fair Villa released a video celebrating avoiding relegation dancing to Sweet Caroline so you couldn't burn your clubs neck with a blowtorch.

If they said it like that it would be cringey.

But if they highlighted the link with a smug emoji and the league table as it currently stands then they'd be perfectly justified.

Just like this case...

27 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Do you mean something like this mate?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/04/aston-villa-twitter-page-gets-in-cringe-worthy-exchange-with-vir/?amp

Errmm, yes? Exactly the kind of embarrassing cringey stuff I don't like. Fairly typical in that decade of absolute shite they inflicted on us. Makes celebrating not fucking up again and being relegated at the end of it more understandable.

Now what does that have to do with Leeds bursting into tears every time someone says something vaguely critical? Much as you have done here.

I'm more than happy to criticise Villa, I've had years of practice. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Errmm, yes? Exactly the kind of embarrassing cringey stuff I don't like. Fairly typical in that decade of absolute shite they inflicted on us. Makes celebrating not fucking up again and being relegated at the end of it more understandable.

Now what does that have to do with Leeds bursting into tears every time someone says something vaguely critical? Much as you have done here.

I'm more than happy to criticise Villa, I've had years of practice. 

So all clubs do embarrassing things and it isn't something restricted to Leeds. Gotcha. 👍🏻