EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

They should really change that rule now that the keepers are more hindered with keeping one foot on the line.

The rule for goalkeepers is more lenient than it used to be - they used to need to have both feet on the line. It’s just that it’s actually enforced now in games with VAR.

I know it's obvious but a win for Southampton really would be brilliant for the title race. Seven clubs would be within 4 points of the top, and Villa could make that eight by winning either of their two games in hand. Man Utd and Man City could go top by winning their games in hand, and Everton, Villa and Spurs could go within a point of Liverpool if they do likewise. So many of that eight are playing very watchable football, too.

Eight pushing at the top and Arsenal and Chelsea aren't among them.

Long way to go tonight of course, but Southampton look really well set-up. It'll either be a big result or a big come-back.

Liverpool are starting to suffer a bit from the same XI being played every week. I know there are injuries, but they just look lumbering at times on the ball and aren't quick enough moving it. 

Jota is a big miss as well. 

Really is no standout team at all this season.

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Liverpool are starting to suffer a bit from the same XI being played every week. I know there are injuries, but they just look lumbering at times on the ball and aren't quick enough moving it. 

Jota is a big miss as well. 

Really is no standout team at all this season.

This is Liverpool's 39th match since 21 June - so that's what, 28 weeks? On top of that are internationals - Scotland had 8 in that period.

Edit - same for everyone, obviously, and the rich clubs have deeper squads. But a lot of top players are looking a little jaded at times.

Edited by GordonS

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

This is Liverpool's 39th match since 21 June - so that's what, 28 weeks? On top of that are internationals - Scotland had 8 in that period.

Edit - same for everyone, obviously, and the rich clubs have deeper squads. But a lot of top players are looking a little jaded at times.

Liverpool strike me as having less back-up or even less quality on the bench, than the other big teams. All of them have had a lot of games and a lot of injuries but Liverpool just don’t seem to be able to cope as well with it. That said, they have enough money, there’s no reason for that other than management.

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Liverpool strike me as having less back-up or even less quality on the bench, than the other big teams. 

They also play at and demand a higher work ethic than the rest. Its brilliant watching them dismantle themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Liverpool strike me as having less back-up or even less quality on the bench, than the other big teams. All of them have had a lot of games and a lot of injuries but Liverpool just don’t seem to be able to cope as well with it. That said, they have enough money, there’s no reason for that other than management.

Behind Mane, Salah and Firmino are Jota, Origi, Shaqiri, Oxlade-Chaberlain, and Minamino.

In midfield there's Keita, Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum and Thiago.

They ought to have enough there.

At centre half they had three first-choice players and Fabinho can do a job there, so they were unlucky. But you'd think they'd have to spend there.

If they lose one of those full backs thought they're up shit creek.