EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

If people want Man Utd to have fewer penalties then they should simply stop fouling them in the box.
That's a fair enough comment but doesn't account for examples like the one where the Man Utd player kicked the Aston Villa player and Man Utd got the penalty, or where Martial dived and they still got the penalty, or the several instances where the initial award was very soft, but since VAR can't intervene in those cases, the decision stood. They certainly seem to have more in the "give it then check" variety than the "not give it then check" variety - which again would be fair enough of all clubs and all penalty decisions are treated this way, but we both know that isn't the case.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Wild that game was on TV.  Suppose contractually it needs to be.

It’s been great having so much football on TV during lockdown. I definitely think it leads to games being shown that you’d never in a million years watch, unless you’re a fan of either side 

Just now, Jambomo said:

It’s been great having so much football on TV during lockdown. I definitely think it leads to games being shown that you’d never in a million years watch, unless you’re a fan of either side 

Aye I was thinking that.  To be fair to Sky and BT (and Amazon) they've had us covered over the past year.

A Man United fan was plugging his podcast on Twitter and said that Alex Ferguson was essentially 2 points away from securing 9 in a row as they were 1 point behind Blackburn in 94/95 & 1 point behind Arsenal in 97/98. Not sure I approve of his logic 100%, but I never fully realised just how good Man United had it:

Even in 11/12, it was settled by a 95th minute goal. Madness how people then come along every few year and say a certain manager is better now ala Mourinho or Pep.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A Man United fan was plugging his podcast on Twitter and said that Alex Ferguson was essentially 2 points away from securing 9 in a row as they were 1 point behind Blackburn in 94/95 & 1 point behind Arsenal in 97/98. Not sure I approve of his logic 100%, but I never fully realised just how good Man United had it:

Even in 11/12, it was settled by a 95th minute goal. Madness how people then come along every few year and say a certain manager is better now ala Mourinho or Pep.

We can see now, that he was the whole club.