EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Rui Patricio off injured as a result of a nasty blow to the head from his own defender. Ruddy on as a conclusion sub. Salah scored but was offside. 
Wonder if VAR had been more proactive in calling that if the collision could've been avoided. 
Definitely a case that pre Var the linesman flags, whistle blows, no collision between keeper and defender. Takes Coady's knee right to the head.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Watching it again on Twitter, they have shown multiple replays of far more gruesome injuries over the years.

Granted it's not especially 'graphic' like the Larsson leg break etc, it's still a knee in the head at speed. 

I didnt even see the incident in two replays. Must have been fairly innocuous to look at.

I fucking hate the delayed flags and have long said they will cause someone to get hurt but that one happened pretty fast. Dont think an immediate flag then whistle would have stopped it.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Watching it again on Twitter, they have shown multiple replays of far more gruesome injuries over the years.

I don't think it is the gruesomeness. The standard now in boxing is that they don't show a replay of a knockout until the opponent is at least sitting back in their corner. I assume sky are applying the same level of caution here.