EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

30 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I know big losses in English football are the norm and generally I don’t pay much attention,   But leeds announcing 64m loss is astounding to me,  they know exactly what happens when they overspent chasing the dream, and yet don’t seem bothered at all by it.   Can’t wait to watch this bubble burst.  

You've a choice as a promoted team. Spend lots of money (Leeds/Villa) or get relegated (Norwich/West Brom). They've quite sensibly chosen the former option.  No point getting promoted if you aren't going to attempt to hang around.

34 minutes ago, raith_94 said:

I disagree, but not enough to get into it.

United would be a much better side if Graham Potter was their manager.

I suggested a few weeks ago that OGS was a poor manager and was told that’s not the case cos he’s a nice guy and the players like him.

I still think he’s out of his depth.

I suggested a few weeks ago that OGS was a poor manager and was told that’s not the case cos he’s a nice guy and the players like him.
Of course he's out his depth. One of the least controversial takes in football.

10 minutes ago, raith_94 said:
35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Of course he's out his depth. One of the least controversial takes in football.

I totally agree mate but there are people that rate him.

44 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You've a choice as a promoted team. Spend lots of money (Leeds/Villa) or get relegated (Norwich/West Brom). They've quite sensibly chosen the former option.  No point getting promoted if you aren't going to attempt to hang around.

The loss is from the promotion season.  

Your approach isn't sensible either,  of course spending lots of money makes sporting sense more likely,  but if your making large losses as a result then you are taking an incredible risk that for many will go incredibly wrong and as you suggest even if it works just results in more overspending desperate to sustain success.  'but we had a few seasons in the premier league' doesn't balance the books.

Solskjaer is good enough for churning out  wins against shite like Brighton or PSG but he won’t win MU the league.
I’d still rather have him over Boreinho.
He's not got a bad record against man city, remember...

Don't underestimate ole.