RiG

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Very bright start from both teams but it settled into a bit of a cagey affair. Great finish from young Liam Newton for our goal. Very silly penalty to give away. 1-1 seems fair so far.

And aye, some pace on the lad Duku. Apart from his roasting Pat Slattery for pace early on, we've dealt with him reasonably well.

As Hank predicted early on, after that early run the East Fife defence dropped and made sure Manny always had to run at them rather than with them. Unfortunately, the domination of our midfield in the subsequent space never materialised. Credit to the Fife midfield for that, I suppose. 

A better second half. Not convinced Duku has the ability to hold the ball up well enough to play the line front man role but he was in the right place for the goal which is what matters. 

Besides all that, it was just great to be able to watch us play and celebrate a winning goal. I cannot wait to get back to a match. 

Good way to kick off the competitive games. We had to be really patient at times but overall deserved the win.

There are a lot of positives to take from the game: Ethan Ross looked very lively at points and Dylan Tait was outstanding. It was good to see Duku open his account in a competitive game. He seems like a real handful with a combination of pace and an ability to bring others into the game. Armstrong had a poor game and there were a few issues with the defence, but overall it didn't matter. 

Tuesday will be a completely different game. I'd be delighted if we can take a point away to Hearts but I'd imagine they'll want to go for broke against us.