St Mirren v Ross county 22/08/2020

I'm not especially raging re the red card, though I do feel it was harsh.

Prior to that we were marginally the better side, but the game was always on a knife edge. Kristian Dennis is bigger than I was expecting. Will be interesting to see him and Obika up front together. We certainly missed Durmus today (though he's been a bit off the boil so far this season).

Gardyne probably MoM; if he played like he complains you'd have a world-class talent on your hands.

Edit: Watson was very good for you guys when he came on, albeit really came onto a game when we went down to 10. Would love to know why Donaldson gets a start ahead of him.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Very frustrating to lose such a shit goal but a good point in those circumstances. I thought Morias and McGrath both did a great job when we went down to 10 men and Tait was our best player again.

I think the County fans were right about Fraser struggling defensively, he seemed to be the weak link in the second half although credit to him for getting forward late in the game.

I know we were short of options today but Goodwin should have got fresh legs on sooner. Sheron was lucky to play 90 minutes and MacPherson should have come on at centre mid.

2 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Very frustrating to lose such a shit goal but a good point in those circumstances. I thought Morias and McGrath both did a great job when we went down to 10 men and Tait was our best player again.

I think the County fans were right about Fraser struggling defensively, he seemed to be the weak link in the second half although credit to him for getting forward late in the game.

I know we were short of options today but Goodwin should have got fresh legs on sooner. Sheron was lucky to play 90 minutes and MacPherson should have come on at centre mid.

Was MacPherson not playing CM straight after the red?

7 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

Is it not the case that you can make 5 subs but only in 3 windows or am I just imagining that. 

Its 3 "stoppages of play", so half time doesnt count.

Really frustrating to lose the game today. The red card was a sore one......I thought a yellow would've been fair as he got the ball first but I still think we should've been capable of keeping them from scoring albeit being a freak goal. Thought Dennis would've been brought on sooner to show what he can do. I suspect Goodwin took Obika off rather than Morias in order to protect the latter from a potential spiral of self doubt. I really wanted Morias to score today as like many on here I think it would do his confidence a power of good.

ETA.......Not entirely surprising the 4th official advises the rookie ref to get his red card out!!

Edited by jimmy boo

Really frustrating to lose the game today. The red card was a sore one......I thought a yellow would've been fair as he got the ball first but I still think we should've been capable of keeping them from scoring albeit being a freak goal. Thought Dennis would've been brought on sooner to show what he can do. I suspect Goodwin took Obika off rather than Morias in order to protect the latter from a potential spiral of self doubt. I really wanted Morias to score today as like many on here I think it would do his confidence a power of good.
ETA.......Not entirely surprising the 4th official advises the rookie ref to get his red card out!!

Obika had an ice pack on his thigh at the end of the game, he might’ve had a knock. Morias should’ve scored today but at the same time McAllister should’ve put him clean through instead of relying on the rebound. Dennis should be given a shot upfront as we can’t keep relying on seeing out a 1-0 win. Same story as Hamilton game today with a defensive second half only we didn’t see it out due to the red card.

Will be interesting to hear the Sportscene chat on the red card. If you kick a football with force then it's difficult to prevent your studs from ending up in a horizontal position. Just unfortunate that Stewart's leg was where it was. I don't think there was any malice in it. How many games will he be suspended for?

Main positive for me is, given we were a bit worried about goals, that's 2 in 2 for Obika and he's hit the ground running. Last season, his 2nd goal of the season came on November 9th. Also, 4 games in, I'm cautiously optimistic that we've got a pretty decent side: perhaps the best we've had since 2013.

Finally, S. Robinson must have been off his head not to tie up Richard Tait on a new contract at Motherwell.