UEFA Europa League 20/21

GNU_Linux

Don’t think I have ever seen a less convincing keeper facing penalties. Utterly woeful. Apparently he hasn’t saved one in 6 years.......tonight clearly showed why. How could someone who was once considered one of the top 3 or 4 keepers on the planet look so utterly clueless? If he hadn’t bothered diving, he would have saved two. 

The absolute nick of Solskjaer standing with his hands in his pockets whilst Emery is rallying his troops for extra-time. 

Delighted for him getting one over the English journos after the abuse he took when at Arsenal.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t think I have ever seen a less convincing keeper facing penalties. Utterly woeful. Apparently he hasn’t saved one in 6 years.......tonight clearly showed why. How could someone who was once considered one of the top 3 or 4 keepers on the planet look so utterly clueless? If he hadn’t bothered diving, he would have saved two. 

Before tonight it was apparently 25 consecutive penalties without saving one, presumably that includes shoot outs, so the number is now 36.

i refused to cheer at first, was expecting them to get out of jail with a retake for the keeper being off his line but nope, no spawny escape there!!

Braw for Villareal, fond memories of Riquelme as a baller in real life and ye olde PES days.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

David de Gea. The Ghost Goalie.

Totally. Some of his dives were more reminiscent of someone in 3rd year at High school. He really looked nothing like a proper keeper.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Almost certainly De Gea's last act for United as well. :oops

Some good penalties in there but De Gea must be the least imposing goalkeeper imaginable when it comes to penalties. 

He looked tiny in nets.

And just stood still.

I'd have fancied my chances against that 300k a week keeper.