Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

Pretty poor fayre all round. Summed up succinctly by the only real moment of action in the game.

Some comedy defending from Israel gives McTominay a free header about 6 yards out. Harder to miss than score, naturally he misses.

The happiest people watching this game will be the Norwegian and Serbian scouts. They will be content with the knowledge that all their team has to do to get to the Euros is win their semi tonight.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

We are clearly not watching the same game.

We have been pish since kick off

We've been poor on the ball but mostly comfortable off it. Other than the shot that deflected wide Israel haven't troubled Marshall at all. We just need to get wiser when we have the ball in midfield.

Horrendous viewing. Zero thought going into our attacking play, other than lump it into Dykes and hope for a knock on. Youd be forgiven for forgetting that this is a semi final, the players just dont look up for it atall.

I don't know why anyone is surprised that Israel have better technique than us. Almost every team we play has had better technique than us since the mid 2000s.

Robertson is getting the ball far too deep, he needs to be right up on the full back. McGregor needs to be behind him, not in front. It's leading to our balls into the front coming from too shallow an angle.

I always want to like McBurnie but he just doesn't look like a professional footballer. His touch is completely terrible. This would matter less if he stayed central but he keeps moving out left.

Guest bernardblack
Honest to f**k, when will a manager finally drop McGregor. I think he is brilliant for Celtic, one of the best players in the country by a mile. But he has been non existent in every game so far for Scotland. 

Hasn’t given the ball away all game.

Just now, GiGi said:

We've been poor on the ball but mostly comfortable off it. Other than the shot that deflected wide Israel haven't troubled Marshall at all. We just need to get wiser when we have the ball in midfield.

Have we had a shot on target yet?

We are playing a back 5 against a fairly shite side and making them look good. 

No idea how anyone can be confident aftet watching that.

We’re making Elhamed look like 2001-02 Zidane fs. He is fucking pish.

Knew we’d be playing like this. For how shite we’ve been, they’ve also been rather shite.

No keeper will get seriously tested tonight tbh and it will take a fluke like that McTominay chance to win it.

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Honest to f**k, when will a manager finally drop McGregor. I think he is brilliant for Celtic, one of the best players in the country by a mile. But he has been non existent in every game so far for Scotland. 

The best thing that can be said about this take is that it's an opinion.

I got the Sky Sports Pass from CDKey for a tenner, when I tried to activate it on my PC the Now TV site wouldn't recognise my code but it worked when I tried my Xbox. Another pal was also having problems with the Now TV website, might be worth trying to activate the pass on a different device if anyone else is having bother.

Only thought of trying the Xbox 30 minutes after kick-off, doesn't sound like I'm missing much though.

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

Hasn’t given the ball away all game.

Not hard to do when all you ever do is pass to whoever is closest to him, usually backwards

He needa to start taking more risks on the ball and actually going forward

Passive as f**k

Just now, buddies1877 said:

I’d take O’Donnell off at HT doesn’t matter if we bring anyone on in his place just take him off

This is who we are. He's our best right back. Can we just accept that and not blame him for it?