The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

55 minutes ago, HTG said:

I'm not sure people jumping in with 2 feet was unreasonable. The man resigned as the leader of his party in Scotland in the middle of a general election campaign in the immediate aftermath of a series of allegations about expenses claims. Either of these things provoking a resignation from your post would be enough to spark any amount of conjecture. There must be a sound reason for not waiting until after the election to resign? 

Yes indeed and nor should we forget that the Westminster system has been quite relaxed about all manner of expenses up to and including duck houses for moats and Central heating for stables. 

The events, coming together such as they did, make the whole thing reek to high heaven. 

19 hours ago, HTG said:

I'm not sure people jumping in with 2 feet was unreasonable. The man resigned as the leader of his party in Scotland in the middle of a general election campaign in the immediate aftermath of a series of allegations about expenses claims. Either of these things provoking a resignation from your post would be enough to spark any amount of conjecture. There must be a sound reason for not waiting until after the election to resign? 

No doubt Ross will have a reason why he resigned when he did. We may never find out and to be honest I really do not care. 

He was cleared of any wrong doing with his expenses though. 

24 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I am surprised he's been cleared, based on the facts that were reported, given the clear correlation between the claims and work that had nothing to do with him being an MP. 

They obviously were not facts though as if they were then he would not have been cleared.

On 18/06/2024 at 13:48, tamthebam said:

To paraphrase Groucho "These are the facts. And if you don't like them I have others..."

Get with the times, we live in a post-fact era.

6 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I know The National is a bit shit in terms of news but well done on this. Sums up Ross and the Scottish Tories strategy (if you can call it a strategy).

It's been this way for eons. My Tory 2018 GE campaign leaflet mentioned "independence" 27 times, "SNP" a similar number, and constantly referenced Nichola Sturgeon despite it being a Westminster election. Can't recall the exact number of times "Conservative" was mentioned, but it was no more than half a dozen. 

Utterly obsessed with Indi, and really need to be getting on with the day job.

To emphasise the point; My local Tory candidate's leaflet arrived yesterday. There is no mention whatsoever on the whole of the front side that she is a Tory. No reference to the Party at all, until you turn it over and there is a small Party logo in the corner.

Edited by Boo Khaki

SNP BAD is never going to be as successful as the Tories' earlier strategy of making themselves electoral gonorrhoea for 80% of the electorate.

I see Murdo "Never won an election, sneaked in on the list every time" Fraser is reported to be throwing his hat in the ring as the new Scottish leader. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

I see Murdo "Never won an election, sneaked in on the list every time" Fraser is reported to be throwing his hat in the ring as the new Scottish leader. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s not the 12th yet, is he hitting the bevvy already? 

On 10/07/2024 at 10:34, Rugster said:

Type of guy in the next urinal you'd feel uncomfortable taking a piss next to.

Portillo look alike.

Edited by SandyCromarty

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/06/2024 at 13:17, tamthebam said:

Meanwhile at Scottish Tory HQ..

springfieldrepubican.jpg.ee292cad69f61e8f6cd0b7cb7e8ac67f.jpg

*SIGH* it's gonna have to be Murdo again... 

and next week's lottery numbers will be...