When Is It Acceptable To Physically Assault Someone?

Dee Man

20 hours ago, virginton said:

Let's not forget that the exact same people who express concern at Nazis being punched in the face were also clutching their pearls during the very brief craze of launching milkshakes at them instead a few years ago. It's almost as if the gesture itself is irrelevant and they're just desperate to play the 'well accccshually' devil's advocate role on behalf of racist scumbags. 

It's all very tedious stuff. 

The best part of that was when they started claiming the milkshakes were actually mixed with concrete.

No, m8.

The short answer is no, violence is never really acceptable.

However, probably in some cases, it's warranted - if not necessarily deserved by the victim - thinking in terms of self defence or protecting a pal or loved one from someone else who is being violent.

I haven't had a fight in God knows how many years and I genuinely hope that continues.

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

I love seeing big farm machinery driving round Edinburgh in rush hour. Never know why they are there. Maybe they got smashed the night before and took a wrong turn out of their field. 

It's strange when gammon faced drivers of big powerful cars e.g. BMW, Audi, get frustrated by tractors. Surely they're all Tories together.

I tend to treat Old MacDonald with respect and when they turn in to let traffic go past I acknowledge this. Drive nicely folks.

22 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's strange when gammon faced drivers of big powerful cars e.g. BMW, Audi, get frustrated by tractors. Surely they're all Tories together.

I tend to treat Old MacDonald with respect and when they turn in to let traffic go past I acknowledge this. Drive nicely folks.

Was at a huge farmer wedding once in a field in Fife (posher than it sounds). Best stovies ever. None of them appeared to be short of a few quid. 

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Just disappointing he stopped recording before the guy lamped that twat with the four pack of stella.

Or maybe the wee coward did record it, but edited it out so as not to incriminate the member of staff! 

Also never been in a fight in my adult life but I'm certain I'd make quick work of any mug stupid enough to take me on.

Spoiler

Not really.

It's bizzare how much violence there is growing up in Scotland, between kids. It seemed so normal at school that even if you never went looking for fights you'd end up in a few. I've spoken to people from other countries and they've said that's just not normal where they're from (I assume it varies from country to country but until recently, I thought this was just the same anywhere you went in the world). It's great that the vast majority of people don't end up in fights as adults but it makes you look back and wonder what the f**k was going on when we were kids.

Edited by Gordon EF

15 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Also never been in a fight in my adult life but I'm certain I'd make quick work of any mug stupid enough to take me on.

Reveal hidden contents

Not really.

It's bizzare how much violence there is growing up in Scotland, between kids. It seemed so normal at school that even if you never went looking for fights you'd end up in a few. I've spoken to people from other countries and they've said that's just not normal where they're from (I assume it varies from country to country but until recently, I thought this was just the same anywhere you went in the world). It's great that the vast majority of people don't end up in fights as adults but it makes you look back and wonder what the f**k was going on when we were kids.

Its crazy how the ‘gang culture’ has sprung up, it also seems that wee dafties think it makes them hard men to run about with knives and even stun guns nowadays. 

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its crazy how the ‘gang culture’ has sprung up, it also seems that wee dafties think it makes them hard men to run about with knives and even stun guns nowadays. 

It’s hardly a new phenomenon though - 100 years ago Glasgow had regular 200 a side knife fights. It’s probably far less prevalent and carried out by scruffier folk now.

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

are there more young teams now than say 25 years ago?

Yeh, its not just sitting in a park getting steaming anymore too, the county lines stuff seems to be reaching us, lots of wee guys getting used by serious crime groups, which emboldens them. 

8 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

It’s hardly a new phenomenon though - 100 years ago Glasgow had regular 200 a side knife fights. It’s probably far less prevalent and carried out by scruffier folk now.

Aye but things had improved in the period from about 2002-2018 or so i’d say, what you see now is it focused on particular areas and not widespread, but wee guys are fearless and dont understand the consequences of running about with blades etc. 

17 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

You can clearly see a Union Jack in the background, so it looks like that might be sectarian. But 100% agree with you, and a lot of the hangs were sectarian. The Billy Boys is a song about Billy Fullerton's gang. I believe he established a branch of the KKK in Glasgow, which was created to target Catholics. But there were similar gangs on the other side, the Tim Malloys, for example.  

17 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

are there more young teams now than say 25 years ago?

Nah, they all know one another through the likes of Snapchat etc. It all started dying down with MSN - not necessarily a good thing. It just gave opportunity to wider spread gangs with a different intent than being 'hard'. 

4 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

You can clearly see a Union Jack in the background, so it looks like that might be sectarian. 

DI George Johnston. It's a belter of a picture. An exceptionally famous one, too. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeh, its not just sitting in a park getting steaming anymore too, the county lines stuff seems to be reaching us, lots of wee guys getting used by serious crime groups, which emboldens them. 

Aye but things had improved in the period from about 2002-2018 or so i’d say, what you see now is it focused on particular areas and not widespread, but wee guys are fearless and dont understand the consequences of running about with blades etc. 

Bring back Frankie Vaughan.

He'd sort the c***s outs.