Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

20 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

I remember quite vividly David Marshall as a plooky 17 year old playing heroically for Celtic against Barcelona in 2004. Would have  that night he was the man to take us to a Euros. Shame it took sixteen years though. Still over the moon.

he was amazing that night. still amazing . especially if ye factor in that mcgregor and gordon have came and went and hes still there

Edited by greenockraver

41 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It was more than just ball playing. McTominay and Tierney were told they should engage high up the park. When a Serb was getting it in the midfield they were getting swarmed and forced back.

I think if we had sat back with those 2 in a back 3 we would have been picked off. Serbia had 4 really good chances with headers, including their goal.  A few more balls into the box could have caused us more trouble but we did a great job of not even letting them get in a position to put a ball in for long spells.

I agree. I think Clarke got the team spot on. Even McGregor played well.

What a performance. Cant fault one player. The best thing about watchint the game was that for about 88 minutes i was confident would hold on. Lost that confidence for the last 2 minutes but was just a small mistake.

We actually looked like a rather good team. Passed the ball well. Everyone looked like they knew their role.

Genuinely dont think i could pick a motm. Gallagher gets special mention for winning the battle with mitrovic. I have slagged o’donnell in the last but he was superb. The front three were tremendous. Mcgregor and jack answered their critics.

However i did think mcburnie and paterson were pish and i questiok their subs but mcburnies pen was superb.

Glorious