Old advertising jingles remembered

Antlion

Went on holiday to the Lake District last year, and ended up in the Roxy Cinema in Ulverston. It was like stepping back in time. They even split Toy Story 4 in two to have an interval and sent out an usherette with a tray of stuff. They played a few modern ads, but had a reel of old ones that were bookended by that Pearl and Dean clip. Can't remember all the ads, but this was definitely one of them.

9 hours ago, Eednud said:

Think this was a cinema ad but might have also been for TV.

Sellers was in Cyprus to make a film called "Ghost in the Noonday Sun". He fired the director, brought in Spike MIlligan to rewrite the script and halfway through made this advert for fags on the side (I think he was involved in an Anti Smoking Campaign at the same time!). The film was not a success. 

Sellers' character was called Dick Scratcher by the way. 

Away from advertising for a minute, TV in the 70's in general had many theme tunes which have stayed with me to this day. This is probably my favourite.

Then there is this classic with the sexy dancing lady

This one had me running to hide behind the sofa every time.

Oddly this has stayed with me forever as well

All the great pop stars of the day were on Get It Together, from Showaddywaddy through to The Dooleys. I can just picture the producer saying to Roy North "Fucking Tenpole Tudar can't make it this week, you'll have to do it"

9 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Away from advertising for a minute, TV in the 70's in general had many theme tunes which have stayed with me to this day. This is probably my favourite.

Then there is this classic with the sexy dancing lady

This one had me running to hide behind the sofa every time.

Tales of the Unexpected was the best horror series when I was growing up - some creepy shit on show.