Scotland Squad face November

Craigieboy86

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

And it was a penalty against us, although to be fair he showed on Saturday that penalties aren't a guaranteed goal.

Nisbet is really bad at penalties. He hit the worst one I've ever seen when playing for Dumbarton, tried to do the same as the weekend and put it high into the top corner, it ended up about 8 yards over the bar and nearly cleared the car park. 

On the squad, I'm pretty happy with it. Clarke won't throw any surprises IMO, Hanley being there perhaps wasn't expected but he's a fine option to have as back up. Up front I think we've got proper options for the first time in what feels like a decade. Dykes, McBurnie, Griffiths and Shankland are all quite different in their style of play, and Ryan Fraser has already shown he can be a real problem up there. Here's hoping there's no call offs/covid disasters and we go into these games full of confidence.

No real shocks with the squad to be honest and I can't see Clarke making many changes to the line up either.

I would certainly hope that the Dykes/Fraser partnership starts against Serbia given how well the played off each other in our last match. Then we have options to change it up if we need to.

I think Tiernay may come in at the expense of Considine but I admit that would be a bit harsh after the defensive performances we have put in lately. Other than that, I can't see too much changing in terms of the starting 11 other than Robertson coming in after his suspension.

Edited by AJF

Good chance Nisbet isn’t in the squad as he’s dealing with the death of his father a week ago. Clarke probably feels his head will be elsewhere understandable. Happy enough with the squad although Hanley is a surprise and I think Considine has earned a squad place after his performances but no way he’ll play. I’d have a half fit Griffiths on my bench for a crucial game Griffiths scores goals! we’re 1-0 down with 15 to go I’d chuck him on in a heartbeat.

22 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Grant Hanley?  Really?

The squad is for the three games - Hanley may well be required for one or two of the games after Serbia

In an ideal world we beat Serbia - beat Slovakia and Israel game is a dead rubber where anyone can play

i am sure there were several Andy Considine? Really? type posts last month - trust Mr Clarke

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm basing it on what I've seen of both. Shankland is better with his back to goal, and linking play, than Nisbet, and would be an effective lone striker. 

Nisbet requires a strike partner, and preferably one who can make space for him so he can drift into the left half space and get away from a marker.

No issues with Shankland getting a call up ahead of Nisbet on experience and how important this set of fixtures is going to be but the points you've made are all completely wrong and evidently based on a couple of games you've seen this season at prem level. Nisbet played on his own regularly for us, including giving Celtic a tough time in the cup, and his link up play as a lone front man was a level above anyone else in the champ last season. Shankland always had someone up top with him or just off him in the 'ten' role including his time at Ayr and could spend 89mins not touching the ball but pop up with a goal out of nowhere.