The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:
3 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
He'll probably resign beforehand so that Pence can give him a presidential pardon for any and all crimes committed.

Can he be pardoned for crimes that haven't even had charges filed yet?

Confession of the crime plus evidence it happened could be provided to the AG and Trump charged and pardoned within the same meeting tbf. 

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

They’ve flipped Georgia.  They’ve flipped Wisconsin and Michigan. They’ve selected the candidate who was most popular in those states, and he’s won.   Biden has garnered more votes than any other candidate in history.   He’s absolutely not a progressive candidate, but he’s beaten Trump and that’s all this election was ever about.  

They've lost the Senate.

They've lost seats in the House.

They've lost the chance to try and balance the Supreme Court.

They've lost a chunk of Hispanic voters.

They've been taken to the wire by a guy whose first response to a global  pandemic was to suggest injecting bleach.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

"I'm here to work with Joe to ensure there is a smooth transition to the new administration.  This is a great country.  We know who to thank for that.  Joe really has his work cut out for him.  Tough act to follow.  No question about that.  People will looking to see if he turns out to be as great a president as me.  Probably not.  That's just my opinion.  I'm just saying.  Still I'm here to help where I can.  Believe me, he'll need my help.  That's what it's about.  God bless America." 

You should twitter that over to Trump, or however it works.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

They've lost the Senate.

They've been taken to the wire by a guy whose first response to a global  pandemic was to suggest injecting bleach.

Have to admit, I always suspected it was a long shot that Biden would go down that route. Actually can't imagine any of the Democrats being willing to start that kind of arms race. 

They've lost the Senate.

Perfect election for the “better things aren’t possible” crowd in fairness

7 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Trump to take Georgia.  Biden needs nearly 70% of remaining ballots.

Should be settled in the next couple of hours. I still think it's doable, especially with the cured ballots etc.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said to expect results no later than noon Thursday. Right now, there are 50,000 to 60,000 uncounted ballots remaining. The total does not include provisional ballots, military and overseas ballots and ballots that are cured.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/live-updates-eyes-georgia-state-works-finish-counting-outstanding-ballots/K2PXD7SI3VCDPGNUPMRAV7K5UU/

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Perfect election for the “better things aren’t possible” crowd in fairness

And for the " fingers in our ears/lets not learn any lessons " lads too by the looks of it.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Have to admit, I always suspected it was a long shot that Biden would go down that route. Actually can't imagine any of the Democrats being willing to start that kind of arms race. 

Maybe. 

Adding 2 seats to make it still Rep controlled but at a more balanced 6-5 in return for concessions seems like the sort of bipartisan stuff the Biden wing and the neverTrump moderates (lol) might go for.

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

And for the " fingers in our ears/lets not learn any lessons " lads too by the looks of it.

I'm not sure someone running to the left of Biden would have done better amongst socially Conservative Hispanic voters in the Southern States tbh I suspect that's a longer term demographic swing.

... and to be fair, Biden may be a withering geriatric non entity, but unlike the stronger personalities and more polarising figures it probably made it harder for Trump to gain purchase with personal attacks. The Sleepy Joe and cognitive degeneration slurs didn't seem to me like they made headway, unlike the Lock Her Up narrative against Clinton. 

Any win is a win in this environment, and it's hard to see it getting any less polarised. The GOP will continue to be squeezed in terms of its overall base, and will become more vicious in it's attempts to squeeze more votes out of a smaller pool of voters. At the same time, I don't see a democrat anywhere that can reach the GOP base. Maybe pull more independents in, perhaps, but long term economic trends pretty much seems to pull the two sides apart.

Edited by renton

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Maybe. 

Adding 2 seats to make it still Rep controlled but at a more balanced 6-5 in return for concessions seems like the sort of bipartisan stuff the Biden wing and the neverTrump moderates (lol) might go for.

Problem is that once you open that avenue for expansion, there isn't a GOP primary candidate who wouldn't run on a ticket of appointing a half dozen of only those judges who believe in the Old Testament.