The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So that was a big fail, the Senate is now Democrat, the President is now Democrat, and 4 of them died.

Now they get to live out their American fantasy of living under the yoke of a tyrannical, oppressive, unelected government that the founding fathers specifically enjoined them to overthrow. They believe this is what the second amendment had in mind. Near enough half of Republicans - and likely almost everyone who stormed the Capitol - believe that Trump is waging a secret war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles in government, business and the media, and there's literally nothing anyone can say or do to make them stop believing it.

Yesterday they got to storm and occupy the Capitol building with almost no resistance. They got themselves a martyr that they are calling their George Floyd. It was a huge win for them and things are going to get much worse, for a long time, before they get better.

41 minutes ago, GordonS said:

These are people who give large amounts of their own money to TV evangelists so they can fly around in private jets. Their ability to find a decent leader to follow is not impressive.

Don’t dis that guy.  He’s promised me a place in heaven.  Only $20,000 or $40,000 excluding the missus.

35 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Exactly. Start with the Scottish Nationalists. 

Dunno, mate. I feel like calling for the shooting of multiple posters on this forum might be skating a little too close to the edge but I'm not the Falkirk Mafia.

@Gordons

I think the issue is that you assume that your own benign experience of the civil service is uniform across the entire state. I accept what you are saying about your experience of not handing over personal data but the reality is that if it had been at all important to the state rather than just day to day legal activities they would not have had to ask. The Investigatory Powers Act 2016 legalised the data collecting techniques that the security services were already informally using.

It's like someone saying their experience of the remand system was fair and reasonable so Julian Assange can have no complaints about his treatment.

Why are they letting them on ? It's clear that Trump supporters were committing domestic terror last night. I doubt you would have been allowed on to the Vine show blowing the trumpet for the nutter who killed Jo Cox and rightly so. 

Precisely
He’s been at it all week letting Covid deniers on

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Well, quite. 

That’s the kind of lack of self awareness you normally expect of right wing columnists but they at least wait a few days minimum before making it clear what an idiot they are.

8 minutes is impressive.

28 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's a bold strategy to call people sensitive edgelords where you're claiming the moral high ground over the killing of someone who was part of an armed insurrection against her country's main government building

Not at all. It's funny to me how people joke about people dying then when you swap someone they like with the person they dislike (that share a lot in common) then people don't like that. See Thatcher and Corbyn. 

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

That’s the kind of lack of self awareness you normally expect of right wing columnists but they at least wait a few days minimum before making it clear what an idiot they are.

8 minutes is impressive.

I like how he combines the immature stupidity of AWRA/BP with the outright creepy behaviour of Tedi. Quite a combination.