The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not that I am aware.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that votes that were received after Election Day, even with no postmark, were to counted as valid.

https://www.thedp.com/article/2020/11/pennsylvania-supreme-court-mail-in-voting-decision

"The Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday to allow Pennsylvania to accept mail-in ballots received up to three days after Election Day."

That's a recipe for fraud.

24 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Honourably shooting Afghan children, dutifully strafing Pashtun farmers, torturing the prisoners of Abu Ghraib with dignity, and serving in a caravan in Nevada with #pride #oorah

Most serving military aren't into that. I'm not making any sort of case for them being a fine bunch of lads, just saying why I think they don't support Trump as much as might be expected.

Edited by GordonS

10 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Melania serving him the divorce papers live on air at the exact moment it’s announced that Biden has passed the 270 threshold is now the end game, lads.

Just think about it. It would be the greatest moment in television history. Banter’s greatest masterpiece. Patter’s magnum opus. The worlds biggest ego suffering the worlds greatest defeat.

I have never wanted anything more in my entire life. If we can dream it, we can achieve it. Think big, one and all.

How do we get Dominic Cummings involved the queen kicking him in the stones?

Anyway I'm off to bed hopefully nothing happens for the next few hours.

16 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that votes that were received after Election Day, even with no postmark, were to counted as valid.

https://www.thedp.com/article/2020/11/pennsylvania-supreme-court-mail-in-voting-decision

"The Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday to allow Pennsylvania to accept mail-in ballots received up to three days after Election Day."

Where is 'no postmark' in that article?

"The Court’s decision followed a Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling requiring boards of elections to count mail-in ballots postmarked by Nov. 3 and received by Nov. 6.

Following the state court ruling, the Republican Party of Pennsylvania appealed to the Supreme Court to overturn the ruling. The Supreme Court declined to take up the Republican Party's challenge, leaving the original ruling in place, CNN reported."

They still need to be postmarked.

There won't be that many tbqh.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I don't see how it's a recipe for fraud.  Possibly bloody annoying but unlikely to be fraudulent.

Ballots will still have to be from registered voters etc.

It's not double voting and it's not coerced voting, it's just late.

1 minute ago, aDONisSheep said:

I don't see how it's a recipe for fraud.  Possibly bloody annoying but unlikely to be fraudulent.

Given the attempts by Trump and his lackey to undermine the postal service it’s not unreasonable.

10 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

How would you go about fraudulently making advantage of this?

3 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/20/supreme-court-will-allow-pennsylvania-to-count-ballots-received-up-to-3-days-after-the-election.html

"The justices divided 4-4 on Monday, an outcome that upholds a state Supreme Court ruling that required county election officials to receive and count mailed-in ballots that arrive up until Nov. 6, even if they don’t have a clear postmark, as long as there is not proof it was mailed after the polls closed."

That's a clear opportunity for fraud. The voters had plenty of time to post their ballot papers on time.

It's only "a recipe for fraud" if someone can demonstrate that late votes are verified less stringently than votes received earlier. So, unless you can find evidence to support such a theory, your suggestion is hysterical bollocks.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How would you go about fraudulently making advantage of this?

Find enough voters who have a track record of not voting in elections, fill in blank papers and smudge the postmark.

ETA - for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not a Trump supporter. I would support the Libertarian Party and regard both the Republicans and Democrats as equally abhorrent.

Edited by Bishop Briggs