The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

34 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

As Trump is crying fraud about everything, nobody will call this until it’s mathematically impossible for Trump to catch-up and that will be when the vast majority of votes are counted.

That's the way it should be, there system is a pile of steaming dung. 

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

That's the way it should be, there system is a pile of steaming dung. 

Yeah, I do agree. I don’t get their system of calling it when you have a lot of votes left - Arizona here is a good example. There also seems to be a lot of pressure on the media networks to be the ones who do it? That seems very bizarre, surely the counts in each county always ought to be the ones who announce when someone has won?

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The etiquette in this situation is that one of the candidates is supposed to make a gracious concession speech after a polite congratulatory  phonecall to the winner prompted by the universally trusted media sources calling races one way or the other.

That started to unravel last time when HRC refused to make a concession speech on cue when the Trump victory was called by the media and Trump is taking it a yuge step further this time with the delusional claims of electoral fraud. Think the media will only call races now when leads exceed votes left to be counted.

All Gore made the phone call, then tried to take it back.

The difference though, is that on that occasion, it really was excruciatingly close.

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

No, and a serving member from New York may well be different to one from Georgia. If the cash-out starts to drop from where it is I'm taking it.

Bit of info here, could be if the military vote goes Trump it could be balanced out by overseas voters going Biden. Squeeky bum time, now being offered 1.64 on my 1.83 bet, but it keeps going up and down. Have you cashed in yet?

https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-benefits/2020/11/06/today-is-the-deadline-for-georgia-military-ballots-will-they-make-a-difference-in-the-election/

Edited by welshbairn

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No one believes that this is anything other than an act.

Including the actors themselves.

A sizable portion of the population is driven by visceral level emotion, does not think rationally and laps this sort of stuff up. The left has its own versions of this type of drivel (a Swedish teenager immediately comes to mind), so it isn't just a right wing phenomenon.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

A sizable portion of the population is driven by visceral level emotion, does not think rationally and laps thus sort of stuff up. The left has its own versions of this type of drivel (a Swedish teenager immediately comes to mind), so it isn't just a right wing phenomenon.

You’re an arsehole if your trying to compare a climate change (real and serious) activist with a sky fairy (not real and divisive) promoter.

In truth I could have stopped at the first three words.