The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

We could probably have a whole thread about rich b*****ds being mind-meltingly cheap. However, that Netanyahu thing sounds more like they're just enjoying the insult of making the foreign scullery maids scrub their soiled gussets.

You're my boy and all, GD, but you seem like you've had a murder semi for a while now.

Aren't there some old tapes of Kent State you could use to satisfy your raging bloodlust?

Bloodlust?  :lol:

It will be interesting to see if the nut jobs turn up in DC on Inauguration day and even more interesting to see if they include armed militias such as have been seen in Charlottesville.  When push comes to shove I don’t think there will be a serious attempt to breach the Capital Building again, but who knows.  I’m simply pondering the level of response if such an attempt is made.

I’m pretty sure if potential rioters were black then the orders would be clear.

I've been told that Israelis are notoriously rude and aggressive, so if Mrs Netanyahu stands out as particularly bad in that regard, she must be quite something to behold.

59 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

ANTI-SEMITE!!!!1111

I was waiting for that  :lol:

It's something I've been told by American Jews, some of whom were admittedly the most antisemitic people I've ever met, but maybe they feel they're allowed to be.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's something I've been told by American Jews, some of whom were admittedly the most antisemitic people I've ever met, but maybe they feel they're allowed to be.

I've heard that too and seen a little evidence of it, but think its actually mostly settlers ie people who aren't actually Israeli but are zealots and bigots who genuinely believe god promised them land and that makes it their, so move to Israel from places like Russia and Argentina and tell the people who've been there for thousands of years they don't belong.

Also its an incredibly militarized society and they all do military service etc, so it would produce people that are aggressive.  Rude comes from their sense of entitlement and also the siege mentality they have.

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's going to be interesting to see how folk twist into knots in order to claim they aren't fascists, in the same way people bend over backwards to deflect accusations of racism.

I wonder what the new "Muslim isn't a race" will be.

In an unexpected twist....

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

17 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Mmm...I don't think it's exactly unfair to say that somebody is antisemitic if they literally tell you that they hate Jews.

But hey, I'm no expert.

I haven't read anyone say they hate Jews.

Anti-semitism is the mask bigots and zealots hide behind. An awful lot Jewish people and Israelis are disgusted by these things too (60 schoolkids refused national service two days ago). This is an example of the settler mindset. Bear in mind these are people from thousands of miles away who moved there cause they think god promised them that land, attempting to murder people who have lived there for thousands of years in order to purge them and take their lands.  This goes on every single day.

Edited by Carnoustie Young Guvnor

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Oh Christ, I take it all back. Nobody Jewish has every said anything bad about any Israelis  :shutup

I don't think you're racist. I just thought it would be funny to make you deflect an accusation or racism after criticising people who deflect accusations of racism.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

I don't think you're racist. I just thought it would be funny to make you deflect an accusation or racism after criticising people who deflect accusations of racism.

Phew. So I'm still passing, then?

15 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

46o6bnjjjcb61.jpg

The view from 4chan.

The system is rigged towards the left when Trump was still able to almost win with 7 million fewer votes overall due to the bizarre electoral college system and because of a systematic application of voter suppression tactics in red states that is routinely tolerated by the American legal system but would not be in pretty much any other first world country? Some people are in a parallel universe on this.

Heard an interview with the historian Timothy Snyder yesterday where he convincingly argued that he could see a coup attempt coming because the ongoing historical culture of white supremacy can only be maintained in the United States at this point by completely breaking the existing system rather than just bending it to fit the needs of the post-Nixon Republican party.

He pointed out that Trump has been talking openly about ignoring the outcome for six months now and has been actively making moves to try to get the military to go along with it, so Jan 6th was the logical outcome of everything that has been happening.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

You remain uncanceled...  for now.

Excellent. No need to bring up my father's comments about the coloureds.

Back to Trump - he spent the election campaign in 2016 talking about how easy it supposedly was to vote fraudulently, but yet there was no need to investigate when he won. He just thought he was going to lose so he got his excuses in early. There comes a point when you look at that, at the total lack of evidence that has been presented for voter fraud (despite the continuing insistence that they have so much of it), and you can't logically come to any conclusion other than that they just want their guy to win, and to hell with democracy, political process, the constitution, and everything else that they claim to love so very much. Nobody is that stupid.