The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

He knows full well what the process is, or at least those advising him do. He's just trying to rile up his moron supporters to cause chaos.

If that's the case, it seems to have worked.

I do genuinely wonder whether he's not well mentally - something's up for sure. 

A Biden win is looking fairly likely now. Anybody got an estimate of when he might hit 270? I've watched something daft like 20 hours of this in the last 26, need my bed, but I reckon I've earned getting to watch the moment!

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

If that's the case, it seems to have worked.

I do genuinely wonder whether he's not well mentally - something's up for sure. 

It's all planned out. I heard him say months ago in an interview like he had just heard it "You know these mail in ballots with Covid, the Democrat vote goes mad with them, it's crazy" (in so many words). Local Republicans have been fighting to stop early counting of postal votes in places like Pennsylvania, to get the early Trump boost before the gradual catching up of the early or postal voting Democrats. It's a finally tuned strategy to create drama and no other purpose, no idea why the GOP are cooperating.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Genuine worry when the President doesn't appear to be familiar with the electoral process.

Not even close to being the biggest worry about him either. 

He probably doesn't understand it, but there will be plenty around him who do. When they claim that the Republican leads in these state being overtaken is fraud, they know they are lying. They are falsely accusing Democrats of stealing an election, in order to steal an election.

People are going to die before this is over.

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Skim of wikipedia has the following for Scotland:

15 LGBT MSPs (9 serving)
4 ethnic minorities MSPs (2 serving)
17 LGBT MPs (11 serving)
3 ethnic minority MPs (0 serving)
4 LGBT MEPs
2 ethnic minority MEPs

One individual Louis Stedman-Bryce is openly gay & also Black British. Served as MEP for Scotland representing the Brexit Party (2019-2019) then as an independant (2019-2020).

No MEPs at all, alas.

We've had as many black and ethnic minority MSPs as MSPs from one family.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Hah! 

Biden not out of the running at all in Georgia. Best case scenario Biden can still win this 300+ to 230'ish, rendering Trump's tantrums pointless.

I've been tracking Georgia since the early hours, and Biden has been favourite throughout. With every batch of votes counted he gets closer and I think he's going to win.

Edited by GordonS

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Trump has directly killed like 700 of his supporters in the last couple of months and still increased his vote

Will be interesting to see how his bodycount is affected by the inevitable Covid cases at his rallies this past fortnight

1 minute ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Will be interesting to see how his bodycount is affected by the inevitable Covid cases at his rallies this past fortnight

I don't know how up to date the mooted figures were that attributed 700 deaths but between the Covid and all the hypothermia from leaving his hooting chuds stranded in the middle of nowhere it's going to be some body count. So funny.

I'm at the point where I only care about peak banter now. Is it Trump getting absolutely pumped in the majority of the places that remain to declare to the point that it's not even close or is it for Trump to pull off a genuine and unlikely comeback and watch all the furious backtracking or one of Trump's scandalous claims actually being legitimate?

Tough choice tbh.

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Georgia. f**k, yeah.

Trump leads by 47,111 with about 255,000 votes to count. Biden needs to take 60% of the remaining votes to win.

Fulton County is 93% counted, Biden has 72.3% there so far. De Kalb is 89% counted, Biden is on 83.1%. It goes on and on like that. So I think he's winning it.

Edit - just seen Biden is 5/6 to win Georgia. I've already bet too much on this election, but lordy that is tempting.

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 00.28.29.png

Edited by GordonS

Posted at 23:13 4 Nov23:13 4 Nov
Markets recorded biggest post-election leap in decades

Natalie Sherman

New York business reporter

The outcome of the presidential race remains unknown, but investors are betting business is a winner.

Stock markets recorded their biggest post-election leap in decades on Wednesday. That's because investors bet the closer-than-expected race would reduce the chance of big change for companies.

Health and tech firms, which are now seen as less likely to face regulation, led the gains.

Analysts said the likelihood of divided government meant a no-go for proposals backed by challenger Joe Biden, like higher taxes on companies, even if he emerges the victor.

On a call with reporters on Wednesday the Chamber of Commerce, a powerful business lobby, said results in state-level fights, like Uber’s victory in California over a worker protection law, also suggested voters were focused on “a pro-growth, pro-business agenda”.

Blue chip investors rejoicing in a logjam of their own host country's governmental system is reason #1249 why late stage capitalism needs to be launched into the Sun. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm at the point where I only care about peak banter now. Is it Trump getting absolutely pumped in the majority of the places that remain to declare to the point that it's not even close or is it for Trump to pull off a genuine and unlikely comeback and watch all the furious backtracking or one of Trump's scandalous claims actually being legitimate?

Tough choice tbh.

My thing is entirely personal, I hate the c**t. However he loses his Presidential immunity is good for me, so long as it's this coming January and he spends his remaining funds on lawyers defending himself from court to court and ends up in a motel room drinking Draino paid for with food stamps.