Raith V Morton

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I’m with the townie on this. An adult DM’ing footballers is weird!

Each to their own JJ, Raith are a community club, if players didn’t want fans messaging them they’d turn off the DM feature on insta. I mean we didn’t even mention the word  Dunfermline and up popped a Townie. Maybe it’s because we don’t care about them or their team. They feel a little fragile and lonely that no one cares. I’d rather concentrate on my own club. They hate it. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

8 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Why are you interacting with someone on a forum full of strangers with DM facilities?

Raith Rovers is a community club, the players are more familiar with supporters than you would know.

There is a culture of contact between the supporters, management, players and staff at the club, and at no time have I seen evidence of this being creepy.

If either party decides to join a forum where exchanges of messages are a part of this, they are free to do so and enter into discourse as they feel comfortable in doing.

Please take your 'Shock Jock' attitude away from here.

We're talking about, and reviewing a football match and sharing views on it, that's normal, well sort off, still pretty sad. 

Are we using the dm facility? 

Fucking hell, a community club? Christ, wonder what those are! Give your head a wobble. 

If there's a culture of full grown adults siding into your players DM's then that is really, really, really fucking weird. 

The problem with the "if they feel comfortable" is that the player doesn't have any choice, realistically if someone was to privately message you out the blue, who you had no idea who they are, but they were watching you work, but hadn't interacted with you at work, and they in turn just started messaging you about it then I'd guess you'd either ignore it, block them or call them out for being OFW, it's fucking weird. In this instance if Mendy does any of the three things mentioned he'd then get called out for not interacting with some weird man child. Not exactly fair is it? 

By all means fire a comment on some generic photo where the player talks about going again or some other clichéd nonsense. 

Raith Rovers fans - Sliding into players DM's with all the confidence of those weird blokes who message girls they've never known telling them how pretty they are. 

Weird. 

31 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Each to their own JJ, Raith are a community club, if players didn’t want fans messaging them they’d turn off the DM feature on insta. I mean we didn’t even mention the word  Dunfermline and up popped a Townie. Maybe it’s because we don’t care about them or their team. They feel a little fragile and lonely that no one cares. I’d rather concentrate on my own club. They hate it. 

That, or they don't want to cancel the option of there actual mates messaging them. 

You are aware that PnB isn't a Raith Rovers only forum right? 

If Jim McAllister hadn't slid into one of our DMs, Morton might've had a chance yesterday*

*This joke doesn't work on two levels. Firstly, Armstrong is an attacking midfielder. Secondly, Morton never stood a goddamn chance playing like that, even if they'd had twelve men. But by Christ, can we get back to the game? 

I’m now disappointed if it’s 4.45pm on a Saturday and we haven’t scored 5 goals.

On the Fernandy Mendy thing, I think we all want him to succeed. He had a hard time last season after his performance against Dundee. He’s a cult figure at the Rovers and we are happy he got a game.

37 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We're talking about, and reviewing a football match and sharing views on it, that's normal, well sort off, still pretty sad. 

Fucking hell, a community club? Christ, wonder what those are! Give your head a wobble. 

If there's a culture of full grown adults siding into your players DM's then that is really, really, really fucking weird. 

The problem with the "if they feel comfortable" is that the player doesn't have any choice, realistically if someone was to privately message you out the blue, who you had no idea who they are, but they were watching you work, but hadn't interacted with you at work, and they in turn just started messaging you about it then I'd guess you'd either ignore it, block them or call them out for being OFW, it's fucking weird. In this instance if Mendy does any of the three things mentioned he'd then get called out for not interacting with some weird man child. Not exactly fair is it? 

By all means fire a comment on some generic photo where the player talks about going again or some other clichéd nonsense. 

Raith Rovers fans - Sliding into players DM's with all the confidence of those weird blokes who message girls they've never known telling them how pretty they are. 

Weird. 

That, or they don't want to cancel the option of there actual mates messaging them. 

There is only one weirdo on this forum and thats you! 

How you can even put that im the same bracket as sending a well done to a football player is beyond me. You must have been disowned by your parents at a young age or are living with something that you just want to let out! Its ok to let it out, if it helps you can always dm me 🤣🤣 

Fking fruit bat!

Edited by mealsonwheels

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m now disappointed if it’s 4.45pm on a Saturday and we haven’t scored 5 goals.

On the Fernandy Mendy thing, I think we all want him to succeed. He had a hard time last season after his performance against Dundee. He’s a cult figure at the Rovers and we are happy he got a game.

Exactly. 

He has had a tough time trying to get to speed with the game, culture and language. The world is hard enough for everyone and social media is the only real platform we have to show support at present. Mendy follows my  page and comments on my posts so still can't see a problem with that.

At least there are some people on this forum who have some sense about them!

1 minute ago, mealsonwheels said:

At least there are some people on this forum who have some sense about them!

Pity it's not you. 

Passed on your details to the police, not sure what crime you're going to commit, but guaranteed it'll be weird. 

13 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Not that many if you are still interacting with me!

Go and piss off now

Maybe just one mate then. 

Which is still enough to stave of the temptation of flinging DM's at footballers though. 

Top of the league after only 4 games, fourteen goals scored for only three conceded. Talk about a dream start, the only down side being our inability to witness events first hand. And on that note neither can poor John McGlynn, he must be happy but pulling his hair out all the same (what hair?). It all shows how good the team and the coaching staff are, had we been in Arbroath or QotS position we’d be raging and wanting to know when McGlynn would be back, instead nobody has even asked.

On the fan/player interaction debate is it not just a modern twist on what’s always happened? Alex Taylor had a particular stinker of a game in a Raith shirt 25 Years ago, he looked miserable as he trudged off to a largely booing south Stand. Not having the benefit of modern technology I wrote to him to say it was an uncharacteristic game and to basically keep the head up. He wrote back saying that he really appreciated me taking time to write. I suppose that act or interaction made me a weirdo in some eyes. On another level, in his pomp at Liverpool Kenny Dalgliesh got thousands of letters  a season from fans of all ages, were they all weirdos too? 
Many celebs boast about how many followers they have on social media, if they didn’t want attention they wouldn’t be on it. It’s all the same thing as far as I can see.

Edited by Scottydog

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

Top of the league after only 4 games, fourteen goals scored for only three conceded. Talk about a dream start, the only down side being our inability to witness events first hand. And on that note neither can poor John McGlynn, he must be happy but pulling his hair out all the same (what hair?). It all shows how good the team and the coaching staff are, had we been in Arbroath or QotS position we’d be raging and wanting to know when McGlynn would be back, instead nobody has even asked.

On the fan/player interaction debate is it not just a modern twist on what’s always happened? Alex Taylor had a particular stinker of a game in a Raith shirt 25 Years ago, he looked miserable as he trudged off to a largely booing south Stand. Not having the benefit of modern technology I wrote to him to say it was an uncharacteristic game and to basically keep the head up. He wrote back saying that he really appreciated me taking time to write. I suppose that act or interaction made me a weirdo in some eyes. On another level, in his pomp at Liverpool Kenny Dalgliesh got thousands of letter a week from fans of all ages, were they all weirdos too? 
Many celebs boast about how many followers they have on social media, if they didn’t want attention they wouldn’t be on it. It’s all the same thing as far as I can see.

Well said mate!

It was a nice wee chance to land a jab against a rival fan but to then double down with the ‘guy at his workplace’ chat and then triple down on comparing a message of support to a local sportsperson with a creepy old guy telling a stranger she is pretty has a real whiff of ‘the lady doth protest too much’ to it.

15 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

It was a nice wee chance to land a jab against a rival fan but to then double down with the ‘guy at his workplace’ chat and then triple down on comparing a message of support to a local sportsperson with a creepy old guy telling a stranger she is pretty has a real whiff of ‘the lady doth protest too much’ to it.

I think we call them Karen's in 2020 🤣

36 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

How many Rovers players, over the last twenty years, could've seen and executed that Hendry pass? 

Sometimes I do wonder to myself about whether we get overly excited about Hendry. His defensive side can sometimes be a bit lax and there has been the odd time where games can pass him by like last weekend. But then you get moments like yesterday where he'll produce a ridiculous bit of skill. He's done incredibly well to come back from serious injury. At 22, he's got a huge opportunity ahead of him. I'm resigned to us losing him at the end of the season so I'm just enjoying him while we can. Ideally he could do us a wee favour and sign a wee extension to get us a fee. Both he and Tait are utterly tremendous prospects. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Weird. 

Go and just do one away and comment on your own board about what fans do. Then we have the community club comment. Well it's not modelled on Dunfermline especially when your club fucked over many small companies in your community. Owned by Germans let's just see how that one turns out. You are obsessed with Raith Rovers as you are on here more than most Raith fans.