The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Surely they're not gonna send this guy into debates with Trump.

Surely?

Approval rate is a nonsense statistic taken in isolation.  Really it’s the disapproval rate that is more significant.  Biden handily dismissed Trump in 2020 in the debates, so the slightest bit of decorum will see him good.   That being said, he’s quite clearly not as lucid as he was even four years ago.  It’s one of the least able presidential run-offs in history.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Approval rate is a nonsense statistic taken in isolation.  Really it’s the disapproval rate that is more significant.  Biden handily dismissed Trump in 2020 in the debates, so the slightest bit of decorum will see him good.   That being said, he’s quite clearly not as lucid as he was even four years ago.  It’s one of the least able presidential run-offs in history.  

Aye, I didn't even notice the comment about approval ratings tbh. The attempt at coherent speech is the issue here.

I wouldn't put anything past the Dems, but surely even they must realise Sleepy Joe isn't their man for 2024.

The complete lack of credible alternatives may put them in an awkward position, however.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Jack Dorsey has endorsed Presidential hopeful Robert Kennedy Jr.

An interesting choice. RK Jr is an anti-vax nut. 

Dorsey was a huge Biden backer when he ran Twitter and this seems like a vote of no confidence. A chink in the armour of the Lib line. 

I reckon he's getting some folks nervous with the coverage he's getting. I think he's doing a Twitter Space thing with Elon Musk today which will have an audience many multiples higher than any cable news show.

Running around dropping truth bombs about the CIA too, a bold move with his family history. 

On 04/06/2023 at 23:36, Zetterlund said:

I reckon he's getting some folks nervous with the coverage he's getting. I think he's doing a Twitter Space thing with Elon Musk today which will have an audience many multiples higher than any cable news show.

Running around dropping truth bombs about the CIA too, a bold move with his family history. 

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I just cringe when listening to him with his vocal problems.

18 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I just cringe when listening to him with his vocal problems.

Aye he's not an easy listen.

In saying that, I listened to his Twitter Space the other night and was quite impressed with what he was actually saying. I think if it was only a public vote he'd have a lot of support, but with the way the primaries work there's no chance he'll get anywhere near it unfortunately.

There's also an interesting clip going about of him speaking to Mike Tyson about his father's assassination. It keeps getting removed from YouTube but will pop up again on Twitter.

28 minutes ago, Herc said:

It would be interesting to see how the CIA would get him if he actually had a chance of getting to the White House.

I suspect they'd roll out their subtle, tried & tested tactic of finding some patsy to walk up to him in a crowded place in broad daylight and shoot him in the head.

8 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I suspect they'd roll out their subtle, tried & tested tactic of finding some patsy to walk up to him in a crowded place in broad daylight and shoot him in the head.

Dunno, reckon injecting him with a Covid super strain because he's anti vax would be funnier.

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Dunno, reckon injecting him with a Covid super strain because he's anti vax would be funnier.

Or give him a booster and direct him to the nearest 5G tower.

In fairness it seems he isn't really antivax historically, he just has issues with the covid ones while being pretty open to debate. It'll be the main attack line on him though.

Cornel West is running for president as the candidate of the People's Party. MSNBC and New Republic have already published critical opinions on him which suggests they're taking him seriously. They maybe fear he could take some votes off Biden.

• 3 weeks later...