Squad for the finals

Donathan

21 hours ago, greenockraver said:

After watching Mcburnie toil last night, would it even be worth thinking about calling S. Fletcher up for the finals instead ? 

Was always a bit confused when we didn't have Dykes or Griffiths that Fletcher wasn't the automatic go to guy. He suits the way we play far better.

Still think if Gilmour is fit, he plays. None of this he's too young or too inexperienced shite. He's the one player we've got with a footballing brain. We've got braun to burn in that team but not too much technique. It's fuckin amazing that we're there but we've scraped past two very poor sides on penalties. I don't want us turning up at this tournament to get pished, jump around in some fountains and kiss some of the local WPC's then f**k off home with one point.  Surely we can aim a bit higher. We've got the players to do something in a reasonably favourable group. Just a case of fitting the right ones together. Still remain to be convinced by Jack.  I don't give a f**k if he plays for one of the old firm. Gallagher of Motherwell and Dykes, until recently of Livingston, were fucking immense the other night. Along with Christie, probably the best on the night. Paterson, Burke and McBurnie to f**k please. Nisbet needs a run in the team as well.

13 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Still think if Gilmour is fit, he plays. None of this he's too young or too inexperienced shite. He's the one player we've got with a footballing brain. We've got braun to burn in that team but not too much technique. It's fuckin amazing that we're there but we've scraped past two very poor sides on penalties. I don't want us turning up at this tournament to get pished, jump around in some fountains and kiss some of the local WPC's then f**k off home with one point.  Surely we can aim a bit higher. We've got the players to do something in a reasonably favourable group. Just a case of fitting the right ones together. Still remain to be convinced by Jack.  I don't give a f**k if he plays for one of the old firm. Gallagher of Motherwell and Dykes, until recently of Livingston, were fucking immense the other night. Along with Christie, probably the best on the night. Paterson, Burke and McBurnie to f**k please. Nisbet needs a run in the team as well.

Same Gilmour that argued with ref after a bad tackle after his last game and was sent off for disent aye some fitbaw brain against ten  men in a situation were we could have went on and won  but drew instead 

And Serbia were not a poor team and we never scrapped bye them we should have had it out of sight look at there squad

Israel are a improving team with good players aren't any mugs either

And Jack was outstanding with some great tackles stopping chances putting his body on the line by bailing out the defence

Name one better defensive midfielder notion that hasn't retired

Who is playing European football and winning?

Rangers are selling McCrorie cos they don't need him

Tells you all that you need to know about Jack

7 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Still think if Gilmour is fit, he plays. None of this he's too young or too inexperienced shite. He's the one player we've got with a footballing brain. We've got braun to burn in that team but not too much technique. It's fuckin amazing that we're there but we've scraped past two very poor sides on penalties. I

Braun (sic) to burn in the form of Christie, Fraser, McGregor, Forrest, Armstrong, Jack, Griffiths, Robertson, Tierney? aye, okay......

10 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Still think if Gilmour is fit, he plays. None of this he's too young or too inexperienced shite.

If Gilmour is playing regularly for Chelsea by March, there is no doubt at all (barring injury) that he'll be in the squad. You'd have to be a fcuking moron to dispute that.

Will he be playing regularly though? Maybes aye, maybes no. I'd wager more like the occassional start with most games seeing him on the bench.

I hope he is playing though, cos he's as exciting a talent as we've had in years imho.

30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Can we safely say that Jonny Russell and Mackay Stevens are now completely out of the picture? 

GMS was never really in the picture.

I'd say Russell possibly offers more than some others in the squad, but it does look as if he is forgotten overseas now.

Edited by ArabFC

GMS was never really in the picture.

I'd say Russell possibly offers more than some others in the squad, but it does look as if he is forgotten overseas now.

He hasn’t been forgotten, he just not traveling because of this Covid pish!!!

5 hours ago, ArabFC said:

If Gilmour is playing regularly for Chelsea by March, there is no doubt at all (barring injury) that he'll be in the squad. You'd have to be a fcuking moron to dispute that.

Will he be playing regularly though? Maybes aye, maybes no. I'd wager more like the occassional start with most games seeing him on the bench.

I hope he is playing though, cos he's as exciting a talent as we've had in years imho.

There is chat about him going out on loan in January. That would be a good thing if he was getting regular game time. 

MLS players have travelled to play for other teams, if we really needed him he'd be there. He's not really ever been good enough and isn't worth bothering with now.

If he was a starter like the players who do travel he would be there, every game, I don’t think anybody has ever questioned his loyalty to the cause, but he’s a fringe squad player and it’s not worth the loss to his Club where every time he flies of for us to sit on the bench, maybe getting on but more likely not and then going home and having to self isolate as soon as he gets back and then missing perhaps 2-3 games for the Club that pays his wages, well I don’t think you can blame him!!!

If it was picked today, I reckon it would probably be...

Marshall --- Gordon --- McLaughlin

McTominay --- Gallagher --- Cooper --- McKenna --- Tierney --- Robertson --- O'Donnell --- Palmer

McGregor --- Jack --- McLean --- Fleck --- McGinn --- Armstrong --- Christie

Dykes --- McBurnie --- Griffiths --- Fraser --- Forrest

Plenty of time to go though. 

Edited by ArabFC

18 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Still think we don't miss Jack?

I think that goal highlights what he adds to the team

I think he would been in there taking it off his toe

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

If he was a starter like the players who do travel he would be there, every game, I don’t think anybody has ever questioned his loyalty to the cause, but he’s a fringe squad player and it’s not worth the loss to his Club where every time he flies of for us to sit on the bench, maybe getting on but more likely not and then going home and having to self isolate as soon as he gets back and then missing perhaps 2-3 games for the Club that pays his wages, well I don’t think you can blame him!!!

I wasn't blaming him, I was just pointing out that him being missing wasn't entirely down to covid, but more down to him not being good enough to be worth picking.

28 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Still think we don't miss Jack?

I think that goal highlights what he adds to the team

I think he would been in there taking it off his toe

Ach, maybe you're right. Maybe he is the best thing since sliced bread. I've seen as much of Rangers in the last few years as you've probably seen of Broughty Athletic.