I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

A few days ago, my maw was watching Law & Order on one of the channels that just repeats them in order on a loop, and they're back at the beginning again. Sometime in Season 2 (I think), one of the defence attorneys was played by Jerry Orbach, best known as Detective Briscoe on...erm...Law & Order.

This seems to happen a lot on US TV shows - when they need an actor for a new character, somebody thinks "hey, mind that guy we had on for one episode that we all liked? Let's get him back."

I can reel off 10 Star Trek examples off the top of my head. Vaughn Armstrong  played (I think) 12 different characters.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

A few days ago, my maw was watching Law & Order on one of the channels that just repeats them in order on a loop, and they're back at the beginning again. Sometime in Season 2 (I think), one of the defence attorneys was played by Jerry Orbach, best known as Detective Briscoe on...erm...Law & Order.

This seems to happen a lot on US TV shows - when they need an actor for a new character, somebody thinks "hey, mind that guy we had on for one episode that we all liked? Let's get him back."

Not just US TV. Alec Norton has been a baddie on at least 2 separate occasions in Taggart.

On 04/01/2024 at 12:24, Lurkst said:

One from back in the glory days of only three channels, On The Move, a programme to help with adult illiteracy. I was just a nipper when it was broadcast so didn't realise until years later that it featured before they were famous Bob Hoskins and Martin Shaw amongst others...

hqdefault.jpg

OnTheMoveBobShawHayes.png

Stalwart character actress Patricia Hayes in the picture with Martin Shaw doing his best geography teacher impersonation.

On 04/01/2024 at 12:24, Lurkst said:

One from back in the glory days of only three channels, On The Move, a programme to help with adult illiteracy. I was just a nipper when it was broadcast so didn't realise until years later that it featured before they were famous Bob Hoskins and Martin Shaw amongst others...

hqdefault.jpg

OnTheMoveBobShawHayes.png

I've now got the theme tune to it going through my head.

On 23/01/2024 at 07:10, scottsdad said:

Grace Lee Whitney, also in Batman.

93519f9fcd84efe16c1026cc764f0fe9.png

She was also in an episode of Diagnosis Murder (Season 6, Episode 6: Alienated) alongside George Takei, Walter Koenig, Majel Barrett and Wil Wheaton.  I think you can find it on YouTube.