I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

Great thread, can't believe I haven't seen it before. Anyhoo, anyone fancy seeing a Hollywood action hero oiled up in a pair of leopard skin pants dancing atrociously?

No? Well here it is anyway, give it about 40 seconds:

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

• 2 weeks later...

Straight to video dross The Shepherd came on the telly today, and I found myself thinking, "hey, that lassie looks a lot like Trish MacDonald off Take the High Road". Turns out that yes, Natalie Robb's sole venture outside British TV - your wife may know her better from 1500 episodes of Emmerdale over the past fifteen years - was opposite Jean Claude Van Damme as his Hispanic boss in the Texas Border Patrol. Didn't get far enough in to see if she shagged him, but it was a major part; looks like she was third on the cast list.

I'd love to know the confluence of events that led to this happening.

NINTCHDBPICT000480262818.jpg?w=1005

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

Straight to video dross The Shepherd came on the telly today, and I found myself thinking, "hey, that lassie looks a lot like Trish MacDonald off Take the High Road". Turns out that yes, Natalie Robb's sole venture outside British TV - your wife may know her better from 1500 episodes of Emmerdale over the past fifteen years - was opposite Jean Claude Van Damme as his Hispanic boss in the Texas Border Patrol. Didn't get far enough in to see if she shagged him, but it was a major part; looks like she was third on the cast list.

Oh dear.  Just shows that you haven't been watching the show.

Last year in episode 3,727 it was revealed that some mischievous aliens had transported the entire village, farm and everything from Yorkshire, England to the South East corner of New Mexico.

Some people suggest this just a cynical move to boost viewing figures in the US but the writers deny this.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2023 at 14:47, Florentine_Pogen said:

We've been watching I, Claudius on iPlayer which was originally shown on TV in 1976. 😬

Last night the character of Sejanus made his first appearance, the wife said "He looks kinda familiar", I didn't recognise the actor........of course, it was Patrick Stewart.

sejanus.jpg.3f955026b1142d43c2f4fe5b3af6d14d.jpg

Imagine not spotting that?

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

On 07/12/2023 at 16:38, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Great thread, can't believe I haven't seen it before. Anyhoo, anyone fancy seeing a Hollywood action hero oiled up in a pair of leopard skin pants dancing atrociously?

No? Well here it is anyway, give it about 40 seconds:

Immediate Chart Show flashback there.

Agree with your first comment too 👍

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bulldog from Frasier is in The Silence of the Lambs.

I've seen him pop up in a few things - that show had some quality casting going on.

John Mahoney was in everything in the Nineties - my mum was in the mood for a thriller over Christmas, so I put on Primal Fear and there he was, giving his best stern dad face  :P

The 1950s film The Man who Never Was (recently remade as Operation Mincemeat) opens with a shot of the Houses of Parliament and a voice-over of Churchill addressing the Commons.

Except that it's not the real Churchill, it's none other than an uncredited Peter Sellers. 

One from back in the glory days of only three channels, On The Move, a programme to help with adult illiteracy. I was just a nipper when it was broadcast so didn't realise until years later that it featured before they were famous Bob Hoskins and Martin Shaw amongst others...

hqdefault.jpg

OnTheMoveBobShawHayes.png

Edited by Lurkst

Not exactly on topic because I'd never heard of the film until recently, but despite listening to Roy Harper records for decades, I had no idea he'd played the lead role in acclaimed 1972 feature Made...

Edited by Lurkst

On 22/12/2023 at 23:00, BFTD said:

Fun fact: When Trish went to some dodgy club looking for a singing gig, the guy playing the bloke in drag was my cousin Keith.

2 hours ago, Bialystock said:

Fun fact: When Trish went to some dodgy club looking for a singing gig, the guy playing the bloke in drag was my cousin Keith.

My sister does work as an extra as well as her day job. She was in the Christmas episode of Vera.