I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Watching Band of Brothers again. Every time, I spot a British or Irish star I hadn't spotted before.

Simon Pegg, James McAvoy, Stephen Graham, Andrew Scott and loads more.

Add Iain Robertson latterly of River City to your list.

Michael Fassbender too if you haven't spotted him.

The wife is watching a lot of Murder she wrote recently. Loads of folk out of other old tv and film stuff like the dad out of happy days and Evil out of The Time Bandits. 

One had Bill Maher (who i didn't know was even an actor) as a main character and Brian Cranston as a very minor part. 

Also features Amity Island out of Jaws as Cabot Cove. 

On 07/01/2024 at 17:32, coprolite said:

The wife is watching a lot of Murder she wrote recently. Loads of folk out of other old tv and film stuff like the dad out of happy days and Evil out of The Time Bandits. 

One had Bill Maher (who i didn't know was even an actor) as a main character and Brian Cranston as a very minor part. 

Also features Amity Island out of Jaws as Cabot Cove. 

No.  Jaws was filmed in Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts.

Cabot Cove is actually Mendicino about three hours North of San Francisco.  The same place as "The Howling".

Almost every episode included somebody you might know.  One episode is set in Australia.  Obviously nobody you would know in that?  Wrong.  It included Nick Tate, who previously played regular character Alan Carter in Space 1999.

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

No.  Jaws was filmed in Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts.

Cabot Cove is actually Mendicino about three hours North of San Francisco.  The same place as "The Howling".

Almost every episode included somebody you might know.  One episode is set in Australia.  Obviously nobody you would know in that?  Wrong.  It included Nick Tate, who previously played regular character Alan Carter in Space 1999.

Yes

Both were filmed in more than one place, including, in common, the lake at Universal Studios in LA. 

More a "where are they now?" post....

I came across an old DVD of Your Cheatin' Heart (1990) written by Paisley's own John Byrne and IMO not far short of Tutti Frutti in quality - it's in the same territory of West Coast eccentrics and losers set to a musical backdrop.

Of the five main actors (featured in all 6 episodes) Tilda Swinton & Ken Stott went to have substantial careers while the other three kinda fell by the wayside - Top Billed John Gordon Sinclair, while Katy Murphy and Keviin McMonagle don't even have photos on their IMDB pages.

Well worth a watch if like Byrne's work and, I suppose, if you can find it out there on the interweb!

Your Cheatin' Heart (TV Mini Series 1990– ) - IMDb

Edited by btb

On 09/01/2024 at 10:45, btb said:

More a "where are they now?" post....

I came across an old DVD of Your Cheatin' Heart (1990) written by Paisley's own John Byrne and IMO not far short of Tutti Frutti in quality - it's in the same territory of West Coast eccentrics and losers set to a musical backdrop.

Of the five main actors (featured in all 6 episodes) Tilda Swinton & Ken Stott went to have substantial careers while the other three kinda fell by the wayside - Top Billed John Gordon Sinclair, while Katy Murphy and Keviin McMonagle don't even have photos on their IMDB pages.

Well worth a watch if like Byrne's work and, I suppose, if you can find it out there on the interweb!

Your Cheatin' Heart (TV Mini Series 1990– ) - IMDb

Katy Murphy ended up working as a teacher in London...

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/entertainment/15432142.katy-is-a-lesson-to-all-frustrated-actors/

After the top TV thread I've started watching The X-Files again. I know there's a bunch of people coming up but: John Connor's stepdad from Terminator 2 is in an episode. It's a rip-off of The Thing so I'm guessing he doesn't make it.

Ed - oh! Felicity Huffman's in it too: Ice (The X-Files) - Wikipedia

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There's one in Queen St.

Yeah it kept the name but it's a more of a modern Deli with a different shopfront - I read an article in the Evening Times when the shop re-opened post pandemic IIRC it stated another two shops had kept their name when the business folded, there were more than 30 shops in the Glasgow area in the 90s.

A few days ago, my maw was watching Law & Order on one of the channels that just repeats them in order on a loop, and they're back at the beginning again. Sometime in Season 2 (I think), one of the defence attorneys was played by Jerry Orbach, best known as Detective Briscoe on...erm...Law & Order.

This seems to happen a lot on US TV shows - when they need an actor for a new character, somebody thinks "hey, mind that guy we had on for one episode that we all liked? Let's get him back."

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

A few days ago, my maw was watching Law & Order on one of the channels that just repeats them in order on a loop, and they're back at the beginning again. Sometime in Season 2 (I think), one of the defence attorneys was played by Jerry Orbach, best known as Detective Briscoe on...erm...Law & Order.

This seems to happen a lot on US TV shows - when they need an actor for a new character, somebody thinks "hey, mind that guy we had on for one episode that we all liked? Let's get him back."

In about two months I'm going to post John Locke from Lost in The X-Files, and The X-Files movie.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

In about two months I'm going to post John Locke from Lost in The X-Files, and The X-Files movie.

I'm doing it a day earlier, just because I'm a c**t.

Gives me time to actually watch The X-Files first.