Ross County vs Rangers, 6/12 12pm

5 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Tbf I call everybody lad or min which leads to much confusion down here, I have completely forgotten said Hearts player & have no idea why it is particularly relevant. If racist abuse was meted out do you agree that it should be punished accordingly?

I have already stated that the individual should be punished if there is anything to be punished for.

Therefore, yes I do agree with you.

My point is footballers and managers do have a habit of fabricating events etc. some will do anything to win a foul or win a match.

The Rangers manger, good player, but! came on as a sub for 38 seconds before scything down an opponent, and received a deserved red card.

1 minute ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

I have already stated that the individual should be punished if there is anything to be punished for.

My point is footballers and managers do have a habit of fabricating events etc. some will do anything to win a foul or win a match.

The Rangers manger, good player, but! came on as a sub for 38 seconds before scything down an opponent, and received a deserved red card.

Ha, yes I do remember that particular foul.  I agree that players will do anything to stretch the laws of the game, and at times blatantly cheat, nonetheless there is a line in the sand and racism or homophobia go well beyond that. If there is a case to answer then I am sure it will be dealt with appropriately, I was being a bit of a busybody earlier but the Millwall thing yesterday really put a bee in my bonnet about discriminatory insults.

42 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We changed our shape on Thursday as S Liege were ripping the pish out of us and the HT 2-2 was very flattering to us...though at 3-2 up I wanted to game to go on longer.  Aside from that, we play a really predictable 4-3-3 and, as we saw today, can perm any 11 from 18ish to fit in to that and execute it well.

You're right about JT.  He is a joy to watch.

Yeah your European performances emphasize what I mean. Susceptible in defence against better attacks than you see in the Scottish leagues, but still formidable going forward to trouble most. Particularly at home!

2 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Why would they still fabricate an event in a post-match interview after they have won 4-0?

3 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Hiya, Roy!

6 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

That’s rich coming from MUNGdee.

5 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

2020 as a year has been risible but I take great solice in joyous repartee that restoreth my faith in the baby jesus

The story goes that Gardyne called Morelos a fanny, but its been misheard as another word starting with f that rhymes with maggot.

Not a good look for the weekend promoting the rainbow laces campaign.  I'd imagine if he said the latter he would have been sent off.  To get booked for what he said the referee must have heard what was said.

26 minutes ago, Loki said:

The story goes that Gardyne called Morelos a fanny, but its been misheard as another word starting with f that rhymes with maggot.

Not a good look for the weekend promoting the rainbow laces campaign.  I'd imagine if he said the latter he would have been sent off.  To get booked for what he said the referee must have heard what was said.

Thats quite a big difference. No place for homophobia in our game. However, calling him a fanny is both acceptable and factually accurate.

50 minutes ago, Loki said:

Why would there be an investigation if the referee has heard it? 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why would there be an investigation if the referee has heard it? 

I would hope that any complaint of homophobia would be fully investigated.  

26 minutes ago, Loki said:

I would hope that any complaint of homophobia would be fully investigated.  

It was a genuine question - I just assumed as the referee would have said "Naw, he said he was a fanny nothing more" then no investigation would be needed?