TV Licence

2 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Not really no, who would? Plus the fact that I'm still watching it and not payed for it for over a decade with no recourse kinda proves my point. 

So you never buy any more clothes than you exactly need? Or drink alcohol or eat anything more expensive than the cheaper option? I hope you don't pay for netflix, amazon etc. Your second point is the same one people who shoplift without getting caught use.

14 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

if some old dear has or hasnt {i can't remember which} received a tax credit, you still get it for nowt.

True, if you get pension credits. But while Murdoch and Andrew Neil are starting up their Fox News imitation tv channels here and the Tory right are determined to abolish the licence fee, it leads me to think it might be a good thing to preserve. This government and their toady Director General won't last forever, if it's lost it will be pretty well impossible to have an alternative domestic broadcaster without a huge bias to right wing American ideology.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

So you never buy any more clothes than you exactly need? Or drink alcohol or eat anything more expensive than the cheaper option? I hope you don't pay for netflix, amazon etc. Your second point is the same one people who shoplift without getting caught 

Ffs. Sorry your spunking a ton sixty a year on sahing you dont need. 

I'd rather a bag of russel dust and a gam of a hooker for that money, sorry. 

Stopped paying it years ago after I got sick of their propaganda and clear political agenda.

I don't actually watch that much live TV. Mostly Sportscene, MOTD and AVFTT, with the occasional other BBC show thrown in.

Every couple of years I just have to tick a box online to say I don't watch live TV. Never had as much as a letter from them 'threatening' a visit.

They can't access your property should they visit, so don't let them. There is an exception to this, and that's if they have a warrant from the court to do so, but they should have tried the regular route first. Seemingly that's pretty rare.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Moved into my new house a year and a half ago and the goons came round in the first week, I started a thread on it. I let them in so they could have a look at my empty living room and told them if I buy a TV I would buy a licence. Now because I have my stuff in there no one is getting in and still haven't seen any need to buy a TV, internet is just as good, even better getting out and doing something more interesting is more appealing. Haven't had another visit or any letters from them yet.

Aye, but have you ever bought anything you dont need????

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Stopped paying it years ago after I got sick of their propaganda and clear political agenda.

I don't actually watch that much live TV. Mostly Sportscene, MOTD and AVFTT, with the occasional other BBC show thrown in.

Every couple of years I just have to tick a box online to say I don't watch live TV. Never had as much as a letter from them 'threatening' a visit.

They can't access your property should they visit, so don't let them. There is an exception to this, and that's if they have a warrant from the court to do so, but they should have tried the regular route first. Seemingly that's pretty rare.

Have you ever drunk alcohol though??

I'm happy paying for it as I use the service. If you don't use the service absolutely fair enough. If you do and you don't pay for it then as I've said before and you didn't contest it's the same as nicking something else. Which is pretty shitty imo

12 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

So you never buy any more clothes than you exactly need? Or drink alcohol or eat anything more expensive than the cheaper option? I hope you don't pay for netflix, amazon etc. Your second point is the same one people who shoplift without getting caught use.

6 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

3 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Aye, but have you ever bought anything you dont need????

3 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Have you ever drunk alcohol though??

Somebody dosnt seem bothered anyway 

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I'm happy paying for it as I use the service. If you don't use the service absolutely fair enough. If you do and you don't pay for it then as I've said before and you didn't contest it's the same as nicking something else. Which is pretty shitty imo

You wouldnt steal a car.

You wouldn't steal a handbag.

Why wouldnt steal a movie.

Well, aye, I would if it's up online for everyone, for free. 

Keep your bunnet on grandad, pay something you dont need to to watch something that's free, if it helps you sleep at night.

6 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

You wouldnt steal a car.

You wouldn't steal a handbag.

Why wouldnt steal a movie.

Well, aye, I would if it's up online for everyone, for free. 

Keep your bunnet on grandad, pay something you dont need to to watch something that's free, if it helps you sleep at night.

That's the same as thinking I would just lift the car or the handbag if there wasn't security in the shop though. 

There's plenty of reasons to not pay the TV license, I didn't myself for most of the time I've lived away from home. But yours is just a little bit pathetic, although I understand if you can't spare £13 a month so fair play 

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

That's the same as thinking I would just lift the car or the handbag if there wasn't security in the shop though. 

There's plenty of reasons to not pay the TV license, I didn't myself for most of the time I've lived away from home. But yours is just a little bit pathetic, although I understand if you can't spare £13 a month so fair play 

Yep exactly the same thinking. Bang to rights govner.

Why would I pay 13£ a month for something that's free? Why does it bother you so much? Would you feel happier If i upped my charitable donations to something I care about by 13£ a month?

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The BBC. Scum sucking pondlife, that's bullied my dementia ridden geriatric mother into shelling out £157. Absolutely fucking vile.

Aye... but.... did she buy clothes she didnt need??

It's a fuckin scam for the older people and the Gammonati. They are fucking vile, brown, unmarked envelopes and red lettering and stamps. Sickening.

Same as stealing a handbag though apparently. 

Yep exactly the same thinking. Bang to rights govner.

Why would I pay 13£ a month for something that's free? Why does it bother you so much? Would you feel happier If i upped my charitable donations to something I care about by 13£ a month?

Explain the difference to me then. It's not free, by law you pay for it if you use it. In the same way you would for other services you use. It's really not difficult. As with all public services if enough people did what you do the BBC wouldn't exist and we would have to rely on the private sector which in media I don't think is a good idea.  "I can get away with not paying for something which is supposed to benefit it us all while still using it" is a very Tory position tbh and if you were so comfortable with it you wouldn't be throwing your unconvincing arguments at every reply

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Match of the Day, Sportscene and A View From The Terrace are the only things I watch on the BBC.

A Fiver a year maybe?

That's why I don't pay it, it's over priced and they are biased on politics. 

Anybody that will pay to watch Dundee FC shouldn’t be too critical of paying for anything else.