TV Licence

1 minute ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

If the bbc want to pump product into my house, for f**k all for over a decade then I'll take it, for f**k all over a decade. 

Similarly if they wanted to give me free eggs, with no comeback then of course I'm going to take them for f**k all. But they are not. They are giving me free programs, so of course I'm going take them. Honest question - how much have you paid over the last 11 years for something you didnt need pay for? 

Madness, but then I'm here eating stolen eggs surrounded by handbags that ive pinched so what do I know?

Over the last 11 years I've paid about £50 I reckon. 

They're not giving you free programs, you don't just happen to be in the room and suddenly they pop up on the walls.  No ones wants to give you things for free, you just want to take them without paying for them. You still can't seem to answer some basic questions so I think I'll leave it there

Just in a totally, completely non encouraging people to get the tv licence in the bin, did you know that they can only fine you for it if you either give them access to your house to let them see a tv, they can visibly see it from the window and report you or you make an admission that you’re not paying and should be. Think sometimes the enforcement people turn up at doors and try to talk their way inside for these reasons, they’ll use language like ‘its a crime to not pay’ etc to make it sound all official and make wee grannies etc feel that they have to be allowed in. 
That people go to prison over TV licence fines and paid for decades to allow people like Saville to commit monstrous acts which the BBC execs allegedly had some insight into his behaviour shows exactly how corrupt it all is. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

2 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Straight up their beaks or down the throat of a kings cross rent boy I'd imagine. 

anything put through as on expenses as misc corporate entertainment without a receipt dare not be questioned.

Edited by red23

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

As with all public services if enough people did what you do the BBC wouldn't exist and we would have to rely on the private sector which in media I don't think is a good idea. 

The BBC is part of the private sector, it portrays itself as a public service but is not.

That's not an argument for or against paying a TV Licence, which in itself is also a misnomer. 

I'm away to watch the second half of the football on a free stream now.

16 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Over the last 11 years I've paid about £50 I reckon. 

They're not giving you free programs, you don't just happen to be in the room and suddenly they pop up on the walls.  No ones wants to give you things for free, you just want to take them without paying for them. You still can't seem to answer some basic questions so I think I'll leave it there

Yep, but, I've never paid a thing, yet these programs pop up on my telly, free of charge, for the last x amount of years.

Do you eat pineapple with your gammon?

7 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Yep, but, I've never paid a thing, yet these programs pop up on my telly, free of charge, for the last x amount of years.

Do you eat pineapple with your gammon?

You've absolutely no business calling anyone gammon based on your fury at getting brown envelopes with red ink on them(!!!) As I've said there's plenty of valid reasons not to pay a tv licence, yours seems to be the most Tory of them

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You've absolutely no business calling anyone gammon based on your fury at getting brown envelopes with red ink on them(!!!) As I've said there's plenty of valid reasons not to pay a tv licence, yours seems to be the most Tory of them

Aye I'm ripping right enough. 

Ripping at not paying f**k all for free tv most my adult life.

Aye tory, aye....I dont know what you want me to say?

Pie your licence and take your family on a day out for a treat.

"I'll give you fifty pound, or a cheque for 30, which I'd imagine is a weeks work for someone like you?"

Just now, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Aye I'm ripping right enough. 

Ripping at not paying f**k all for free tv most my adult life.

Aye tory, aye....I dont know what you want me to say?

Pie your licence and take your family on a day out for a treat.

"I'll give you fifty pound, or a cheque for 30, which I'd imagine is a weeks work for someone like you?"

How much have you paid for your telly licence altogether, you've been a bit vague?

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Those p***ks with the "honesty box" for the eggs they sell at the end of their drives had better watch out, there's a badass in town.

I'm glad you're getting to enjoy the BBC's great #content mate, you're just an incoherent mess trying to describe why it's not a problem you don't pay to do so

Why should he pay for it?

I do. If I felt strongly about it, I wouldn’t.

I think the BBC would benefit from going to a streaming model like Netflix. They've got enough stuff to probably get enough subscribers to make it worthwhile, especially if they keep costs as they are for the current license but give folk the option of subscribing for a month or however long they wish. 

It's probably going to happen eventually anyway, so they might as well get a head start on it. Do you think they'd make more money from such a model, or less, than they currently do?

Some people struggle to sit back and realise the total cost of things cause "it's only X amount per month". 

Like people who get an iphone on £60 a month contracts over 2 years (£1,440)

or people who lease cars for 3 years at £350 a month (£12,600)

And a tv license over 10 years which is a staggering £1600......

Edited by red23

Don't MOTD usually show the players taking a knee for the stand against racism?

Why didn't they show it at the West Ham and Chelsea games? 

Will be interesting to see if they show it at the other games.

Don't MOTD usually show the players taking a knee for the stand against racism?
Why didn't they show it at the West Ham and Chelsea games? 
Will be interesting to see if they show it at the other games.
They showed it on the West Ham v Man U game. AFAIK they don't show it on every game now.