Forfar Athletic vs Thistle - December 12th

56 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Hardly a leg breaker but that is a foul every day of the week.

I genuinely don’t think it is a foul. Docherty backs into him slightly and the guy throws himself to the floor spinning while he does it, the players barley touched each other. 

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Hardly a leg breaker but that is a foul every day of the week.

They hardly touched each other, any contact from either player was minimal, to have seen that back and still think it’s a foul, is laughable. 

17 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The foul ffs. :lol:

The incident I was referring to doesn’t appear on the highlights, which doesn’t help, but was seconds before that, the ref had to duck out of the way, the complaint was that both assistants had clear views and did nothing.

55 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

The incident I was referring to doesn’t appear on the highlights, which doesn’t help, but was seconds before that, the ref had to duck out of the way, the complaint was that both assistants had clear views and did nothing.

What a disgusting cynical foul that was. He should be sine die. In all my years of watching football I have never seen such a heinous act on another player. Shameful.

3 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

The passage of play before that clip was a Thistle throw in. Williamson threw it to Bannigan who gave it to Niang. Niang beat the attacker twice before passing back to Wright. Wright cleared it long and that is then where the clip picks up.

In the full two minutes before the clip at no point does the referee need to ‘duck out of the way’ or unnecessarily change direction putting him in a blind spot so I’m really not sure what incident you are referring to.

Stuart Malcolm and the Forfar players were all, in my opinion, pleading about the ‘foul’ in the clip which clearly is not a foul. 

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

46 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Stuart Malcolm and the Forfar players were all, in my opinion, pleading about the ‘foul’ in the clip which clearly is not a foul. 

As well as Forfar’s Twitter admin, who has since deleted their embarrassing tweet on it. 

7 hours ago, JagsCG said:

They hardly touched each other, any contact from either player was minimal, to have seen that back and still think it’s a foul, is laughable. 

Clearly knocked in the air, his reaction immediately after is to look at the ref for the foul.

To be honest, I didn't watch the game and it's one of those fouls that if the ref doesn't give them the whole game, fair enough.  At this level though, the refs tend to blow for everything.

To summarise - It was not a foul, there was no foul before or after the clip in the build up to the goal, the ref did not miss any foul in the build up to the goal, the Forfar twitter was just asking to get the piss taken out of them and the Forfar manager was just being bitter.  

On 12/12/2020 at 18:05, theSilverFox said:

He did appear to walk straight for the officials at the final whistle.

No question Thistle were the better team and deserved to win but the first goal shouldn’t have happened if the officials did their jobs in the lead up ie a very blatant foul by PT. the second looked offside but will need to see the far superior highlights later. Also how many times did the Thistle players throw or kick the ball away when we won a free kick or throw in?

Glad to read your comment about winning a free kick or a  throw-in and Thistle players throwing or kicking the ball away! I am delighted to hear that we have been working on this aspect of our game and that it's finally bearing fruit! 

If think we are guilty of this sort of play you better hope you don't in the future play Alloa, QoS, Morton & Ayr to name but a few!