Expensive habits

13 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Cocaine. 

I kicked the arse out of it in the 90s too much disposable income and a shift pattern that gave me lots of time off, stopped in 2000 and a year later moved to Amsterdam... That went well, think I came to around 2008, haven't touched it since, choose life kids. 

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you really not kidding, when was the last time you left the house?

I was being serious.  I am a relatively sociable guy  - local pub maybe once or twice a week and night oot in town every couple of weeks.

Despite others not believing that I havent known anyone to take cocaine I have to be grateful for that fact

I kicked the arse out of it in the 90s too much disposable income and a shift pattern that gave me lots of time off, stopped in 2000 and a year later moved to Amsterdam... That went well, think I came to around 2008, haven't touched it since, choose life kids. 

The best gear I’ve ever had was in Amsterdam several years back. My mate lived there at the time, so we’d visit regularly and the stuff he got was frighteningly good. Better than any I had in South America, which would also ridiculously good and ridiculously cheap.

Wouldn’t like to know how much I spent on the stuff in my youth. Can’t say it really appeals to me these days, although some of my mates are still rife with it.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I was being serious.  I am a relatively sociable guy  - local pub maybe once or twice a week and night oot in town every couple of weeks.

Despite others not believing that I havent known anyone to take cocaine I have to be grateful for that fact

You put your age earlier, I'm about the same. We are in a demographic that probably just missed the wide spread use of coke. But my experience is the opposite of yours. It is seen as socially acceptable by a lot of people. It has become less noticeable as the behaviours associated have become more normalised.

I assume anyone under 40 is out their nut on it.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Chuck them.

You know you could sell them once you've worn them? To a rag man

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You put your age earlier, I'm about the same. We are in a demographic that probably just missed the wide spread use of coke. But my experience is the opposite of yours. It is seen as socially acceptable by a lot of people. It has become less noticeable as the behaviours associated have become more normalised.

I assume anyone under 40 is out their nut on it.

Jesus is my high

31 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The best gear I’ve ever had was in Amsterdam several years back. My mate lived there at the time, so we’d visit regularly and the stuff he got was frighteningly good. Better than any I had in South America, which would also ridiculously good and ridiculously cheap.

Wouldn’t like to know how much I spent on the stuff in my youth. Can’t say it really appeals to me these days, although some of my mates are still rife with it.

Aw yeah absolute rocket fuel, didn't help that the guy i got it from delivered it, convenient but dangerous. 

11 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

I have never knowingly met or know anyone who has admitted to taking cocaine.  Yet, in the media you read about it all the time (though it usually refers to middle class in London)  Is cocaine really as prevelant as the media would have you believe?...in Scotland?

This is a serious question as I simply cannot understand anyone who would take it on a night out / in just for pleasure......incredibly expensive and nae good for you.

10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

It absolutely is prevelant and I can quite confidently claim at least 1 in 3 or 4 in every pub on Friday/Saturday nights are on it. 

I know loads of folk your age that do it. Some have never stopped from when they started 20/30 years ago, some started when their kids moved out. 

It's scary how many folk use it now like it's s completely normal thing. 

I was just about to say I'd bet around 1 in 3 in most pubs are taking cocaine. Some folk I know still haven't given it up from their younger years. Married with weans and still servicing a coke habit. Brutal.

As for the subject, I spend too much on cannabis but legalisation will sort that soon enough.

NewBornBairn is probably responsible for half of the child labour factories in Taiwan with that sock nonsense. What utterly mental behaviour that is. OFTW.