Expensive habits

My friend Mark Balgetti (he won't mind me using his name, he likes it) buys a completely new set of dishes, crockery and cutlery every few weeks because he uses each item only once than throws it away.

Strangely, he drinks out of those refillable water bottles so his apparent plan to waste as much money as possible is deeply flawed.

A year ago this would've been my answer but for now it seems I'm aff it.
Gambling is probably now my main vice and it seems I'm not the best at it.
It's amazing how many gamblers say they "probably break even" over the year ......and yet the UK Bookies make over 14 BILLION pounds profit per year.

34 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

It's amazing how many gamblers say they "probably break even" over the year ......and yet the UK Bookies make over 14 BILLION pounds profit per year.

On most online accounts you can check the totals since the account was opened. Pretty eye opening for most folk.

Buying old East Fife programmes. I've got a room full of them now. The only ones that come up on ebay that I haven't got these days go for £50 plus. 

Lord only knows what my wife is going to do with 3,000 EFFC programmes when I croak. She'll get a double bedroom back I suppose. 

Football was my expensive hobby- petrol or train/bus fare, entrance money, pint, programme, half time raffle, pie, sometimes a souvenir badge.

I've saved a fortune this year. 

P.S. GIRUY AngusFifer- I've got a St Bernards v East Fife programme from 1930... :P

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Seriously?

I have never knowingly met or know anyone who has admitted to taking cocaine.  Yet, in the media you read about it all the time (though it usually refers to middle class in London)  Is cocaine really as prevelant as the media would have you believe?...in Scotland?

This is a serious question as I simply cannot understand anyone who would take it on a night out / in just for pleasure......incredibly expensive and nae good for you.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

I have never knowingly met or know anyone who has admitted to taking cocaine.  Yet, in the media you read about it all the time (though it usually refers to middle class in London)  Is cocaine really as prevelant as the media would have you believe?...in Scotland?

This is a serious question as I simply cannot understand anyone who would take it on a night out / in just for pleasure......incredibly expensive and nae good for you.

I think, sadly, it's extremely prevalent.