Expensive habits

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

I have never knowingly met or know anyone who has admitted to taking cocaine.  Yet, in the media you read about it all the time (though it usually refers to middle class in London)  Is cocaine really as prevelant as the media would have you believe?...in Scotland?

This is a serious question as I simply cannot understand anyone who would take it on a night out / in just for pleasure......incredibly expensive and nae good for you.

It goes on. Not a sensible habit.  Less destructive and less addictive than heroin but Care Homes are beginning to fill up with individuals in their late 40s, early 50s heroin addicts. Cocaine addicts could be the next influx. 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

That doesn’t mean that everyone who claims to take it actually does.

No one who claims to take it will have any idea if the majority of what they stick up their nose is coke or flour.

Just now, Caledonian1 said:

Thanks...it was a genuine question.  However, I am 56 and a half so probably not mixing in such social circles

You only have to go into a pub/ clubs toilets and you'll see folk taking it or see evidence of it. I think its a very big scene in private schools who obviously have the cash to pursue the high but sadly its far more addictive than weed and virtually impossible to manufacture in the UK meaning rather than funding a small time operation coke is a major money spinner for terrorists and human traffickers. My problem is the enforcement of drugs no point booking users only get results once you are a few dealers up the tree hopefully the police cracking the encrypted phones will yield results but we will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
1 hour ago, tree house tam said:
A year ago this would've been my answer but for now it seems I'm aff it.
Gambling is probably now my main vice and it seems I'm not the best at it.

It's amazing how many gamblers say they "probably break even" over the year ......and yet the UK Bookies make over 14 BILLION pounds profit per year.

that all sounds rather, '' actually i don't really eat that much.''

HxXju0g.jpg

33 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

I have never knowingly met or know anyone who has admitted to taking cocaine.  Yet, in the media you read about it all the time (though it usually refers to middle class in London)  Is cocaine really as prevelant as the media would have you believe?...in Scotland?

This is a serious question as I simply cannot understand anyone who would take it on a night out / in just for pleasure......incredibly expensive and nae good for you.

Are you really not kidding, when was the last time you left the house?

45 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

about 20 years ago i used to train with a guy who sold it, like yourself i'm pretty clueless about all that shite, i saw him recently, for the 1st time in a good while, drives a Bentley Bentayga and has a haulage business with about 20 lorries.......crime doesn't pay

went to a thai boxing fight night one Saturday evening, went for a piss and saw two guys come out of the cubicle, i thought they were gay..🤣

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

41 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

It absolutely is prevelant and I can quite confidently claim at least 1 in 3 or 4 in every pub on Friday/Saturday nights are on it. 

32 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Thanks...it was a genuine question.  However, I am 56 and a half so probably not mixing in such social circles

I know loads of folk your age that do it. Some have never stopped from when they started 20/30 years ago, some started when their kids moved out. 

It's scary how many folk use it now like it's s completely normal thing. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

I'm not buying this.  You don't know anyone who takes cocaine?  No chance.

edit:  I see you're 56 which may answer why, but even then.

Edited by The Derry

In regards to Cocaine, I don't know anybody that currently (admits to) taking Cocaine but I know plenty of people who have in the past.  I have never personally partaken but I know full well that it's quite popular

For my expensive habits, mostly food related.  I tend to buy lots of expensive ingredients to cook with. One of the dangers of living close to an Italian grocery store

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Horse. Mrs SL has a horse. Think drugs are expensive? Luckily she doesn't know the extent of my rare vinyl collecting habit.

My other half has it sorted by voluntarily looking after the horses of folk who have moved out-of-town for uni or whatever.  Knows all about the things having dealt with a dozen or so over the years and sees them more than the owners do despite never actually owning one in her life.

Unlimited visits / hacks etc at your own convenience with somebody else picking up all of the stable and vet costs.  Want to go on holiday? Simply ask one of the other volunteers to cover for you, which they will, because it's the novelty of another horse they get to ride for a bit.  A glorious setup.

Still never quite worked out what the reply is to "See you later, I'm off to poo pick" though.  "OK, have fun"?

Edited by Hedgecutter

Used to be alcohol. One of my “justifications” for not being an alcoholic was I had expensive tastes and didn’t just drink any old shite with alcohol in it.

For several years I was a averaging a bottle of single malt a night, then when I moved here that was too expensive so I moved onto decent wines and ended up on an average of 4 bottles or so a night.

At my last (ever) rehab they had us estimate how much we have spent/used to spend on alcohol. That was a genuine shock!

51 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Cocaine is in every high school and every pub in Scotland.  Its everywhere, has been for twenty years.

I'd agree with that. I'd hope it isn't highly used in high schools, but it'll certainly be floating about. 

It was base and e's in my day. Two things which is far harder to find now than then but is usually dynamite and cheap as chips as folk still make far more money selling shit coke. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd agree with that. I'd hope it isn't highly used in high schools, but it'll certainly be floating about. 

It was base and e's in my day. Two things which is far harder to find now than then but is usually dynamite and cheap as chips as folk still make far more money selling shit coke. 

You can get an ounce of Base for not much more than 50 quid nowadays. If you can stand the smell in your pocket and no sleep for 4 days it's a solid buy.

My last dip into this market told me it's not for me. 

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Still never quite worked out what the reply is to "See you later, I'm off to poo pick" though.  "OK, have fun"?

😄 Just shout goodbye and don't make eye contact or you run the risk of the dreaded "why don't you pop along and help?" *

* Avoid saying "Nah, I'll just tidy up all the shite you leave behind."

12 hours ago, Eric Paterson said:

My friend Mark Balgetti (he won't mind me using his name, he likes it) buys a completely new set of dishes, crockery and cutlery every few weeks because he uses each item only once than throws it away.

Strangely, he drinks out of those refillable water bottles so his apparent plan to waste as much money as possible is deeply flawed.

socks2.thumb.gif.fa5677b63b26ad6b9e9b9e7260078816.gif

Socks. I never wear a pair twice so the wife buys them in bulk every couple of months. Not that expensive really and I like being able to pull on a fresh pair every day. 

The only thing is she gets them at clearance websites and I have to take what I get. For 3 months I was walking around in Minions branded socks. 

29 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

socks2.thumb.gif.fa5677b63b26ad6b9e9b9e7260078816.gif

Socks. I never wear a pair twice so the wife buys them in bulk every couple of months. Not that expensive really and I like being able to pull on a fresh pair every day. 

The only thing is she gets them at clearance websites and I have to take what I get. For 3 months I was walking around in Minions branded socks. 

What do you do with all the old pairs?