Week 15

lichtie23

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

They'll get one. Fields is a #1 pick calibre player most years.

I dunno. I haven't seen much of him but the parts I've read seem to suggest his internal clock doesn't work so well.

Lawrence seems to be a much safer prospect than Fields.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

They still own the number one pick unless they win at least one of their remaining games.

Or maybe not. Some sites saying it is based on strength of schedule so Jags have the number one spot now. Contradicts the site I posted earlier in which case apologies.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They still own the number one pick unless they win at least one of their remaining games.

Not according to the broadcast team on one of the games. Strength of schedule is the decider, and because Jacksonville's is easier they'd get #1

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Looking at it again, the list I posted is for deciding playoff spots, but decider for draft order is different.

Tie-Breaking Procedure For Selection Meeting

1. Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
  2. The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
  3. The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
  4. The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
  5. The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.

If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

So, yeah, in short Jags currently hold the number one pick

Edited by Bully Wee Villa