Ross County v St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I see the Hughes appointment as one for next season in the second tier. The money we'd need to revamp this side would be more than even he would be willing to swallow. Any pish lads you want to fire to us for five figures?

We've only given Yogi a contract to the end of this season.

5 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Hopefully Tremarco keeps on walking, another pointless, waste of a wage

Well no, McGregor signed him as a GIRUY to The Caley, so not pointless?

FT 0-2

Firstly, that’s a huge three points for us. Eight points ahead of County with at least one game in hand and a far superior goal difference. It’s going to take some turnaround for them to catch us. Even if there is a points deduction we will have a cushion over them with the games to play.

To be sitting in the heady heights of 7th at this stage of the season is fantastic considering the off field issues.

As 2-0 wins on the road go, it was as ugly as they come, we really didn’t play well at all. But that’s absolutely fine.

The second sending off was very soft and that’s been the turning point. County were looking fairly comfy up to then, although there was a long way to go with 10 men and we may have went on to win regardless.

Other positives, another clean sheet. Defended well before the first sending off when County were coming at us. I wouldn’t swap Alnwick for any keeper in Scotland. Also the second goal was a nice bit of play, delightful cross by Durmus and a tidy headed finish from Dennis.

Go into the Rangers game midweek with momentum intact, imagine we beat them again...

Very dissapointing.

Positives-we looked reasonably comfortable until the 2 red cards. Had we not gone down to 9 men then I suspect we would have got at least a point from that game. We are still within touching distance of the teams above us and by no means adrift.

A really tough game now against Hibernian.

We got a bit of luck from the ref today, but I'll take it after the shite hand we've been dealt re. Covid (btw anyone noticed Only An Excuse are ripping the piss - three Saints' players in one pair of shorts?).

Get Junior Morias tae f**k. 

That's my take on today.

Delighted with that - a year ago, or even a couple of months ago that would have finished 0-0. Real confidence about the team now, that without playing spectacularly well we can still get 3 points. Subs again today making an impact!

I mean, what do you say to this. We've played a massively shite team, who've managed to get two of the shitest red cards you'll see, and we've won 2-0. I suppose you'd take it.
Maybe lucky timing as we play Rangers midweek, that will exert a lot of energy. We didn't have to go it all full pelt, I wonder how much the pitch will have taken out of us. It's a pretty heavy schedule.

Got to be delighted with the result, regardless of how we managed it. Was always about rolling the sleeves up, get the result and get back down the road.

We got a bit of luck from the ref today, but I'll take it after the shite hand we've been dealt re. Covid (btw anyone noticed Only An Excuse are ripping the piss - three Saints' players in one pair of shorts?).
Get Junior Morias tae f**k. 
That's my take on today.

Very harsh on Morias, he was a complete nuisance today on both sides and played much better than Connolly did on Wednesday. His end product is rarely good but he tires out defenders and creates space for other players.

It was an ugly win but delighted to get it. Pleased for Dennis to get off the mark and great to see Flynn back on the park too. I still think we need to play better in central midfield, County were winning the battle in there with 11 men.

County understandably feeling aggrieved about the 2nd sending off, I know I would if the shoe was on the other foot, but if you raise your hands you give the ref a decision to make.  Mouthing off at the ref, who wasn't for taking any lip for the previous 60 minutes wasnt the brightest move either.  

On another note, I thought their TV set up was pretty slick.  Commentator wasn't too annoying other than caling Cregan by his nickname 1000 times.  

Think we're up to 7th now, 3 games in hand against Utd.  Could be interesting.  If County can get 4 points out of their next 3 games, they'll be off the foot of the table and things will look different.  

5 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Very harsh on Morias, he was a complete nuisance today on both sides and played much better than Connolly did on Wednesday. His end product is rarely good but he tires out defenders and creates space for other players.

It was an ugly win but delighted to get it. Pleased for Dennis to get off the mark and great to see Flynn back on the park too. I still think we need to play better in central midfield, County were winning the battle in there with 11 men.

That's costing us dearly. That attempt at the back heel as well, WTF?