Ross County v St Mirren.

That’s a great 3 points, I don’t really care how ugly it was and that we got the win against 9 men, as I’ve seen us many times over the years struggle to break down teams while having a one or two man advantage.

Winning while not playing at our best was also pleasing. It’s a sign of how far we’ve come since our early season form, and great credit to Goody and the players in how they’ve turned things around. 

I’m off to pour myself another malt 😀

A day that started with me parking memories of yesterday - when I was allowed out of my rat infested trench to play fitba’ with the Bosch.... ended with the 3-0 forfeits being suspended, Accies being pumped, Killie conceding a 92+ minute goal, Motherwell conceding a 92+ minute goal, the fakes getting stuffed, and St Mirren easing past nine men in an away match to trouser the points. Was looking for a photo that sums up how the remainder of my Boxing Day will go.... found it.

729C7B6D-6AC9-4D94-B91D-3DEA5213B846.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

13 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Very harsh on Morias, he was a complete nuisance today on both sides and played much better than Connolly did on Wednesday. His end product is rarely good but he tires out defenders and creates space for other players.

It was an ugly win but delighted to get it. Pleased for Dennis to get off the mark and great to see Flynn back on the park too. I still think we need to play better in central midfield, County were winning the battle in there with 11 men.

Morias was better in the first half and the only wide man supporting Erwin as McAllister plays far too deep. However as has been said he has no end product. His crossing is woeful; he keeps running into players when a pass is on, and he can't shoot for toffee. 10/10 for effort but we need more than that. Composure would be a start.

Not at our best today but who cares,  3pts were a must and we delivered. 

After the 1st County sending off, we never looked like losing the match. 

Can we possibly do the double over Rangers? No reason why not if Goodwin gets his starting lineup spot on.

1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

County understandably feeling aggrieved about the 2nd sending off, I know I would if the shoe was on the other foot, but if you raise your hands you give the ref a decision to make.  Mouthing off at the ref, who wasn't for taking any lip for the previous 60 minutes wasnt the brightest move either.  

On another note, I thought their TV set up was pretty slick.  Commentator wasn't too annoying other than caling Cregan by his nickname 1000 times.  

Think we're up to 7th now, 3 games in hand against Utd.  Could be interesting.  If County can get 4 points out of their next 3 games, they'll be off the foot of the table and things will look different.  

County won’t get four corners in their next three games, let alone goals. As for points...

What could easily have turned into a real banana skin, has turned out to be a real gift..

A2l7BJ9.jpg

I feel a bit bad taking such an easy gift from County, but here's hoping this will spur them on to drag St Johnstone right into the mire on Wednesday.

Surprised County still persist with guys like Vigurs, Draper, McKay. All 3 have been relegated from the league twice since 2016 (McKay with United and The Caley.  Draper and Vigurs with The Caley and County). They're clearly not up to the required standard anymore. And are all 33 next year.

17 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Again we are unbeaten with JDH in the team

I was wondering if he had a minor injury and was rested for this game, same as Tait coming off at HT, as this was a bigger game.

Got some sympathy for RC today, and I know I’d be raging at the ref for Draper’s sending off (though, he was very lucky not to already be on a yellow at that point).

RC’s commentary team and set up were excellent. As were Hibs’ on Wednesday night. One small (very small) silver lining on the Covid front is that club TV is in the main coming on hugely.

As for Saints, three points and a banana skin avoided.

Pretty sure fans of both teams were shitting it when the second red was shown!

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Again we are unbeaten with JDH in the team

Any word on the contract extension? I know Goodwin was talking quite positively about it and seemed to suggest it would be made quite quickly, but I would like to see a signature on paper before I get too excited. Still half expecting some League One team to come in and sign him when his contract expires. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

I was wondering if he had a minor injury and was rested for this game, same as Tait coming off at HT, as this was a bigger game.

Got some sympathy for RC today, and I know I’d be raging at the ref for Draper’s sending off (though, he was very lucky not to already be on a yellow at that point).

RC’s commentary team and set up were excellent. As were Hibs’ on Wednesday night. One small (very small) silver lining on the Covid front is that club TV is in the main coming on hugely.

As for Saints, three points and a banana skin avoided.

Pretty sure fans of both teams were shitting it when the second red was shown!

Agree about the improvement in  club TV channels. I hope when fans are allowed back in, its allowed to be kept as an additional income stream for clubs. A lot of people, for reasons of geography  finance or other commitments, cant make every game but would use something like this as a PPV.