St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 30/12/20

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aribo and Morelos make such a difference to Rangers. Look a different team.

Thought that Hagi was making a difference myself,  Alfie really needed that goal.

HT 0-2

Frustrating stuff. Much the better side in the opening 25 minutes and had a couple of chances, but never took any. Rangers run up the park and score with their first effort on target via a big deflection.

Then Shaugnessy mucks it up and it’s surely game over. No idea what he’s thinking there.

If we do get the next goal we could make things interesting but Rangers look fairly content to sit on the lead and look to catch us on the break so think it’s fairly unlikely.

Shaughnessy definitely falls into the "frequently a massive fucking liability" category for me.

We definitely shaded the first period, and both their goals had touches of fortune (from their point of view) but it was also completely self destructive.

As above, Obika's skied effort was our big chance.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Good game. Probably worth the lead but don't think we're worth a 2 goal one.

Aribo is so good to watch. Watching players try to tackle him is just funny. Incredible close control.

2-0 the most dangerous scoreline in football. Still work to do.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

No, we signed him from Dundalk.

Looks a very good signing. Good use of the ball, very busy. 

Rangers deservedly in the lead, for all the hard work of St Mirren they've not really threatened going forward. Rangers got very comfortable at 2(0 and were playing some nice football. Half time might just strangle that and let St Mirren back into it. 

Happy to be 2-0 up but St Mirren again have largely made us look uncomfortable and we have been quite slow and predictable in our build up.

Delighted to see Alfie score after a barren run - usually he lashes at those types of chances but a good bit of composure which he should show more often.

I still have concerns but we should be seeing this out now and ideally if we can grab a third get Tav off so he doesn’t get another booking.

2-0 down at HT against Rangers wouldn’t normally have been a surprise but extremely disappointed the way it’s happened. 

Think we edged it until the ball broke luckily for Rangers then a weak shot straight at Alnwick deflected in. 

Then a gift when Shauhgnessy kicks the ground before the ball and it’s 2-0. 

Think we’ve gone toe to toe with an Old Firm team for the first time in years. 

Normally I’m a pessimist but bizarrely I don’t think we are out of this yet. 

Just now, AJF said:

Happy to be 2-0 up but St Mirren again have largely made us look uncomfortable and we have been quite slow and predictable in our build up.

Delighted to see Alfie score after a barren run - usually he lashes at those types of chances but a good bit of composure which he should show more often.

I still have concerns but we should be seeing this out now and ideally if we can grab a third get Tav off so he doesn’t get another booking.

It's reminding me a bit of the Ross County away or Dundee United away games in that we started shaky but seem to be settled in now. Just need to keep the head.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Looks a very good signing. Good use of the ball, very busy. 

Rangers deservedly in the lead, for all the hard work of St Mirren they've not really threatened going forward. Rangers got very comfortable at 2(0 and were playing some nice football. Half time might just strangle that and let St Mirren back into it. 

Rangers didn’t threaten going forward either really did they?

Two goals: a gift and a deflection following a break of the ball. Two going well wide from free kicks and that’s it. 

Rangers didn’t threaten going forward either really did they?
Two goals: a gift and a deflection following a break of the ball. Two going well wide from free kicks and that’s it. 

Alnwick not had a save to make.