St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 30/12/20

9 minutes ago, Munoz said:

It could have been a different game if we hadn't conceded the 2nd, but as soon as we did , it was game over for me. For as much as we tried to get forward and make things happen in the 2nd half, it never looked likely.  McGregor wasn't troubled. 

That said, from where we were a few months ago, I'm hugely encouraged for the 2nd half of the season. A cup semi to look forward to and a realistic chance of safety before the split.  Most Saints fans will be happy with that.

It could have, but aside from the one time when Zungu miscontrolled a pass from Helander, there weren't that many opportunities for you. It's a side of our game we haven't really shown since the Dundee United game to be honest.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's a fair assessment.

I've enjoyed both games we've played vs you and you play a decent brand of football.  I guess the big worry is where the goals are going to come from?

Yeah, goals are an issue. Lots of focus on the strikers, but we just aren't scoring many goals in general, from anywhere. Hopefully can be resolved in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

You still here? FFS, don't you have a pumping from Hearts to prepare for? emoji3.png

As shit as Dundee are I highly doubt they'd call on me to lace the boots up again.. So no, I don't have a pumping from Hearts to prepare for. 

Never good to lose a game, but if you're going to lose then losing to the team at the top of the table with a +49 goal difference (sadly now +51) that was the way to do it.

Honestly thought there was nothing between the teams in the first half - one unlucky goal and the other a defender kicking the ground rather than the ball.  Other than that, the (almost) all conquering Rangers really didn't threaten much.

Hard to know how the second half would have gone if Saints had got a goal, and yes, Rangers could probably have stepped up a gear; but they could equally have panicked.

The main thing for me though was that we competed throughout the 90 minutes and did not look at all outclassed - which we have done in most recent games v the two super rich kids of the league.

Lost. But not despondent.

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

The BBC are just funny at this point.

The BBC however, with the photo accompanying their Hibs v Ross County report, has seen Jack Ross slip to the bottom of the good looking top flight managers league. Congratulations Sir Jim of Goodwin. Top of the league, and you’re no’, you’re no’.

BF8D4CC3-B698-4DA7-B500-3F5A0C723EA5.jpeg

50 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He skinned Goldson a couple of times - one of which deserved a booking.

Were I a Smurn fan my complaint would be that he does his best work 30 yards from goal.

Not his fault surely,  maybe the team/ midfield for not getting further forward. 

As it stands , Obika is our best outlet. 

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The BBC however, with the photo accompanying their Hibs v Ross County report, has seen Jack Ross slip to the bottom of the good looking top flight managers league. Congratulations Sir Jim of Goodwin. Top of the league, and you’re no’, you’re no’.

BF8D4CC3-B698-4DA7-B500-3F5A0C723EA5.jpeg

Dear god. Looks like something out of Morrowind.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Call me old fashioned but I'm very much of the opinion that (other than a truly stellar performance) the only player on the losing side that should get a MotM award should be the keeper.

Why ? Alnwick had F A to do. ( unless I've just read that wrong).

18 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Why ? Alnwick had F A to do. ( unless I've just read that wrong).

I was meaning in general. MotM should really be a player from the winning side, or in the case of a serious loss that was curtailed by some excellent keeping to the losing side's keeper.

I only caught the first half of the match and none of our players were looking MotM quality in that first 45 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

I was meaning in general. MotM should really be a player from the winning side, or in the case of a serious loss that was curtailed by some excellent keeping to the losing side's keeper.

I only caught the first half of the match and none of our players were looking MotM quality in that first 45 minutes.

Something better to do 2nd half ? You never missed much. 

No player stood out  from either team today.