Majestic South v Leith's Pretenders

Otis Blue

Absolutely pathetic passing from Queens. How many times have we given cheap possession away and waiting for the ball to come to you instead of going to meet it.  Big spaces for Hibs players in the middle of the park too.  Hopefully buck up again when back in League action. 

Comfortable in the end for Hibs. Upped their game the second half and deserved the win. For us we should have got two attacking subs on at 1-0. The second was coming and we were never pulling it back from 2 down.

We played ok overall though and should be safe if we can put in a couple of those (first half) performances before the season ends. Great to see Jones back and I hope he starts against Caley.

Can't see how Hibs don't reach the semi's from here unless they Hibs it. All the best.

6 minutes ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

As others have said, positives were not getting an absolute pumping, no injuries plus Jones looks good back from injury. But we were outclassed.  Good luck against the banjo players.

Apart from giving him a bit of game time Jones didn't contribute much at all imo.  Of course we were being pushed deep and our passing out of defence was poor so he didn't see much of the ball in forward positions. 

Apart from giving him a bit of game time Jones didn't contribute much at all imo.  Of course we were being pushed deep and our passing out of defence was poor so he didn't see much of the ball in forward positions. 
He set up our goal.

That second half was probably the most I’ve enjoyed a football match since we were locked out.

Some liquid football and some shite defending.

My Hibernian FC 🥰🥰🥰

Gutting there are no fans allowed for Stranraer away would have loved to go there.

Our chance to make a game of it was the Shields effort saved well by Hibs keeper at 0-1 early in the 2nd half. I'm not sure what we get from Dickson, would have liked to have seen Jones and Mebude earlier in the 2nd half. Great goal from Maxwell, but too late.

You have to say though that Hibs looked every bit the 3rd top side that they are. We could easily have shipped 4 or 5 tonight, so can't argue with the result. 

Time to focus on the league now. 

Dobbie has to score that chance in the 1st half .

The Hibs 1st goal Ferguson is nowhere he should be claiming that corner he does nothing .

2nd half Hibs very good but changing point of the game was that Sheilds chance that goes in different game .

The Dobbie pen goes down far to easy no pen but why did Queens all stop and look at the sad figure of Dobbie lying in the box.

Game over after the 2 nd goal could have been more than 3 .

We just could not pass the ball but always under pressure from a very good Hibs team.

Oh, and wee Faddy can't see QoS ever as a top league side.... well, I can see why you think that James, but would we bring less to the top league than Accies or Livi? Or County if you took away their sugar daddy?  Unlikely of course these days without an 18-20 team league. 

Our chance to make a game of it was the Shields effort saved well by Hibs keeper at 0-1 early in the 2nd half. I'm not sure what we get from Dickson, would have liked to have seen Jones and Mebude earlier in the 2nd half. Great goal from Maxwell, but too late.
You have to say though that Hibs looked every bit the 3rd top side that they are. We could easily have shipped 4 or 5 tonight, so can't argue with the result. 
Time to focus on the league now. 

I hate to say it but Dobbie probably cost us any chance of a result tonight rather than Shields missed chance. Dobbie finds a pass rather than diving and we don't go 2-0 down, killing the game.

Oh, and wee Faddy can't see QoS ever as a top league side.... well, I can see why you think that James, but would we bring less to the top league than Accies or Livi? Or County if you took away their sugar daddy?  Unlikely of course these days without an 18-20 team league. 

Tbf that's not what he said. He said we aren't set up for the top flight right now and it isn't wrong unfortunately. We don't have a backer and we don't have decent players coming through our youth system. Our crowds probably only have us scraping by as FT outfit at this level never mind the league above. I don't think he was belittling the club, merely pointing out some facts.

4 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Dobbie has to score that chance in the 1st half .

2nd half Hibs very good but changing point of the game was that Sheilds chance that goes in different game .

The Dobbie pen goes down far to easy no pen.... 

Think Dobbie's first half chance was far from easy, tight angle with the big keeper in a good position and a defender covering too - cutting it back across the box might have been better. 

Yep, Shields chance was pivotal. 

Never thought Dobbs would get a penalty there. 

Hibs deserved winners.