P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And in the space of 10 minutes, I've blundered my queen in my other game against @gkneil. FFS.

Ach, not fully blundered. There was always a chance you’d get mine and you did. Was still a benefit for me to do that after your Knight move when I pushed C5.

I’ve enjoyed this game

6 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Ach, not fully blundered. There was always a chance you’d get mine and you did. Was still a benefit for me to do that after your Knight move when I pushed C5.

I’ve enjoyed this game

Aye, me too! Been a real back and forth.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

I don't actually know now you mention it. I had been assuming the fixtures had to be finished before the next round went up

Aye, you get two weeks to finish each game. So Flamingalah had a full week to finish the games, on top of the week the game's have already been going on. If you're tight for time, a four game fixture pile up doesn't sound too good though.

Aye, you get two weeks to finish each game. So Flamingalah had a full week to finish the games, on top of the week the game's have already been going on. If you're tight for time, a four game fixture pile up doesn't sound too good though.
Aye, my lads are looking forward to the international break.

Chess.com does a pretty bad job of notifying you of it being your move. Sometimes it's great and flashes on the title bar and other times it doesn't even give you a red notification number on the left panel. It's also frustrating how after making your move it takes you away from the board.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:
You can change that in settings.

Incredible. As I can't deploy a thousand greenies I'll meekly surrender when we meet across the board instead.

Deal.

It's a mildly rage-inducing decision to have that as default.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought I had a game all but sown up. Ziggy made a horrific blunder of his queen. 5 moves later he has my queen & king forked. :bairn

I nearly rage resigned after about 8 moves but thought I’d make you work for it. I might be winning now.

ps. It’s considered bad form to discuss games that are ongoing, Mindgames.