P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

THE BETH HARMON SCOTTISH CUP FINAL 

Move 10 and you can cut the tension with a knife here. Both sides have rearranged their defenses by castling, Dundee's slow lumbering centre backs doing it the manual way. Will that cost their side valuable time ? For Kilmarnock, the young lad knight has moved to a7 surely not his best position ?

IMG_20210324_155405.thumb.jpg.a0dfeec43eb83d12316c2040d30479cc.jpg

But wait, knight to c6, then d4 !! Lovely technique from the highly rated youngster. With Queen and Bishop also lined up on the diagonal, this has asked big questions of the Dundee manager. This could be the first key moment of the game.

IMG_20210324_155537.thumb.jpg.9bd5e3ecf4f27a5babae4b0989eb8260.jpg

22 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Move 10 and you can cut the tension with a knife here. Both sides have rearranged their defenses by castling, Dundee's slow lumbering centre backs doing it the manual way. Will that cost their side valuable time ? For Kilmarnock, the young lad knight has moved to a7 surely not his best position ?

But wait, knight to c6, then d4 !! Lovely technique from the highly rated youngster. With Queen and Bishop also lined up on the diagonal, this has asked big questions of the Dundee manager. This could be the first key moment of the game.

Forks on Beef!

43 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Am I being too picky to think of this as too much information?

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Am I being too picky to think of this as too much information?

It's a delayed commentary. They're always one or two moves ahead.

8 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's a delayed commentary. They're always one or two moves ahead.

Ah ok, ta. I know I'm being paranoid, and it's probably a reflection of how rubbish I am that I can't tell what might be useful to someone that much better than me. I shall trust your chessy judgement. 

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Division C 

Round 15

Invergowrie and Johnnydun418 draw.

Good game @invergowrie arab.

After a long blood bath, this was the only fair outcome.

Now with no wins in 6...

Johnnydun out!

Thank you.

Pffff

I'm exhausted. Very enjoyable game though. I was going to offer a draw ages ago as I couldn't see a way either of us could win. 

Friendly fire on the rook made my mind up. We could still be playing in a week and I wouldn't have got a mate 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Pffff

I'm exhausted. Very enjoyable game though. I was going to offer a draw ages ago as I couldn't see a way either of us could win. 

Friendly fire on the rook made my mind up. We could still be playing in a week and I wouldn't have got a mate 

Yeah, you were just away to take my Rook, then me take your Knight, then it would have been a Pawn race!

Just threw the towel in / toys out the pram in my league match against AH13STU @Leicesterlichtie ... I was holding my own against vastly superior opposition until my Queen decided to drop her frillies and get rogered by a lowly pawn. When news spread to the other pieces, capitulation was inevitable.

GParsfan beat sav and DieHardDoonhamer then?

I may have missed those results, will get the leagues updated 

Final two rounds of fixtures getting published tomorrow, apart from the Div B title there is something to play for at both ends of all divisions 

13 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Losing track a bit here, something not adding up in Division C

Can you lads confirm which fixtures are still to be played / completed?

@Henderson to deliver .....

@eindhovendee

@Loki

@Grant228

My match versus @Grant228 is still to start. I won my other match this week against diehard doonhamer.